Trouble at t'Mill!

Son of Berti

Just back from watching Mansfield lose 1-4 at home to Bury.  Certainly cheered me up after Saturday's game!  They are really struggling and it won't surprise me if they drop back into the Conference next season. But what really took me by surprise was some very heavy-handed stewarding with the stewards just looking for people to eject among their own fans, for the slightest reason.  In the end, they homed in on their drummer allegedly for making an obscene gesture.  We were sat near them as they decided to target him and to make sure that his drum was ejected with him!!!!  Clearly the home fans aren't encouraged to create an atmosphere at Field Mill.

I don't know why, I actually feel for them. Perhaps it's because of our current situation, however if they're not lucky... They could be in our situation, it's really down to Northampton!

It would be nice to say they'll be safe but who knows in football. This result was very poor!

@Dan what are your thoughts? #coxout

It's usually away fans that stewards target.

Being fairly local to the area (I'm in Kirkby in Ashfield) the fans have been giving the management and the board (owner) alot of grief in the past few months. Some of it warranted, some not. Cox has had alot on his shoulders imo. He is an up and coming manager, but behind the scenes it doesn't seem quite right. Fans having a go at Field Mill is a regular occurrence. Cant you remember the fans that ran up the stands to break into the board room to complain a few seasons ago?!

Mansfield is the nearest league ground to Alfreton,where I was brought up,and only about 9 miles away but I have never been there.Bonus points for you @lambleypie.

We've had problems with stewards for years there. I got some photos of them a few years ago and when they saw me they roughed me and my wife up as we were leaving the ground and tried to get my camera off me (which they broke). If you type in Mansfield Town stewards into google you'll see what I mean. In fact here's a video someone did with some of my pics that day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2vQoTkFoEc

It seems they're targeting the young lads who are trying to create an atmosphere. There's yet another thread on stagsnet messageboard which people have given their views on the stewards yet again. They are an embarrassment. The boss of them all was having a huge argument with a programme seller (who's got his own security company) after the game accusing him of trying to pinch his staff. It's a complete shambles.

We've had problems with stewards for years there. I got some photos of them a few years ago and when they saw me they roughed me and my wife up as we were leaving the ground and tried to get my camera off me (which they broke). If you type in Mansfield Town stewards into google you'll see what I mean. In fact here's a video someone did with some of my pics that day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2vQoTkFoEc

It seems they're targeting the young lads who are trying to create an atmosphere. There's yet another thread on stagsnet messageboard which people have given their views on the stewards yet again. They are an embarrassment. The boss of them all was having a huge argument with a programme seller (who's got his own security company) after the game accusing him of trying to pinch his staff. It's a complete shambles.

You trouble causer!! ;)

Archived