Hello Everyone

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

New member here, I was bored as Notts aren't playing today so just having a look round and found this new site, looks good and I'm looking forward to joining in.

I have been a Notts fan for around 50 years, I now reside in the Pavis stand, I used to sit in the Kop but prefer a side on view of the game so managed to get a season ticket seat near the players tunnel which was perfect.

My username is that of my favourite player, you youngsters won't remember Big Tone. Other favourites include the King Don Masson, flying winger Charlie Crickmore and of course more recently Lee Hughes.

Hello tonyhateley. (Nice to see a familiar username) :)

Which side of the players tunnel, the kop side or family stand? (out of interest)

My family are also seated usually in the Pavis stand, we sometimes sit in the Family stand though. I would like to experience what it is like sitting in the kop, although having two small girls I'm not sure it would be wise. Plan to try one time with my son :)

Tony was often mentioned to me by my Grandfather, he told me many stories about the golden era of football and stories as far back to our early part of history. I used to always enjoy them, especially the way he told them. (He was a very big Tommy Lawton fan) I'm starting to ramble on now, though it's nice to have you on board and I look forward to getting to know you/discussing Notts.

Welcome to the community! :)

Supporter+

I sit on the left hand side of the players tunnel as you look at it from Jimmy Sirrel stand behind the dugouts. The Kop was good for atmosphere especially for the big games but as I said I like a side on view, I was originally in the Jimmy Sirrel stand but moved when they opened the kop to home fans. I guess I have been on all sides of the ground really because in the 60/70s I used to stand behind the Meadow Lane end goal.

Tommy Lawton was slightly before my time but would have loved to see him play. Thanks for the welcome and good luck with the new site, I hope it takes off.

Welcome to the site .I remember seeing Tony Hateley quite a few times in the late 60's/early 70's.Great header and target man.Enjoy your visits.

Supporter+

Wow, thanks for the welcomes, looking forward to chatting with you all. :)

Can't find a "thumbs up" smiley so a normal one will have to do.

Archived