sol campbell england captancy

Unbelievable. If I wasn't female and cr*p at football I could have been the England mens team captain for more than ten years!!! #givemestrength ;)

I had the unfortunate experience of being at his one and only game for Notts County and my son was interviewed live on sky sports news pre match, about what he thought about Sol making his debut for Notts that afternoon.

Sol's just searching since his careers ended. You have to feel sorry for him, as there's always a reason but had he have kept fit and remained at Arsenal (first time). I am sure he would have featured more for England, however he went to Pompey.

££££££

There's nothing like controversy when it comes to selling books.Money ,money,money!

There's nothing like controversy when it comes to selling books.Money ,money,money!

Exactly the point I was going to make. I didn't know he had released a book until hearing about this story.

well i shall not be buying the book or me or William. He is a cart horse and was always pretty over-rated in my opinion. I never liked him and always thought he was in the sport for the money. He is just trying to sell books, just like Fergie did with his book....the newspapers print clippings and then boom the sales of the book jumps up! 

Hes never seemed very professional with his appoach to a career, hes always seemed more interested in what money he can get out of it. Hes played well at times but his attitude towards it all and thinking hes better than other is his downfall. Trying to sell a book says it all really.

Whatever colour or race he is would of made no difference to what he could of achieved.

I take it he's forgetting that players like Paul Ince captained England while he was playing for England?

Poor sod is clutching at straw. Rio was captain for a bit? I also remember the odd game where Weighty was. Also, John Barnes?

Archived