Do you listen to the radio?

I didn't use to very much, yet when I worked in a care home something was always on. It's frustrating with modern stations, they're either full of repeats or annoying ads and so with time I stopped tuning in (unlike Super who turned his back when the box came about). You know the old 'video killed the radio'? haha!

Seriously though, I love listening to Absolute Radio.

I had it on 80's for ages, though I have recently switched to it's sister station which is the 90's.

When do you listen to the radio? What station do you like? Do you still? Let us know... Get the discussion flowing! YP!

I listen to the radio through my Phone or Computer at work. I use Tunein Radio. 

I make sure I get the Genre's that suit me. (I'm a mixed bag, No rap or Screaming Metal) and listen to music and dance as much as i can. 

I could buy music through itunes, but why pay when you can have a plethora of music with a click of a mouse. 

Of course Sports is a big thing, Notts on A Saturday Morning and Team 1200 if i can't make the Sens Game 

I listen to the radio through my Phone or Computer at work. I use Tunein Radio. 

I make sure I get the Genre's that suit me. (I'm a mixed bag, No rap or Screaming Metal) and listen to music and dance as much as i can. 

I could buy music through itunes, but why pay when you can have a plethora of music with a click of a mouse. 

Of course Sports is a big thing, Notts on A Saturday Morning and Team 1200 if i can't make the Sens Game 

Yes, I love the Tunein Radio app. It's very smart!

I only really started getting back into it because of the apps, I would listen to it via 3g at work. Unless I listened to the music on my phone which had gotten a bit boring. I'm not a fan of itunes myself, the whole Apple company is about keeping charges in-house and they're not really comepetive.

On the way to and from work, sometimes I will put in on when I am around the house but mostly when Notts are playing and I am unable to attend the game.

Same here, on the way to and from work. Sometimes if I am eating out but very rarely at home!

Same here, on the way to and from work. Sometimes if I am eating out but very rarely at home!

I do miss keeping up with radio 5 live news since I moved to travelling into work on the train. I Might have to invest in a personal dab radio, but then I wouldn't be concentrating on my book which I do there and back now! decisions, decisions.

That and Uncle Colin when I'm not in attendance.

Supporter+

I wake up to Radio Nottingham on my radio alarm in the morning, I also listen to Radio 5 live and Radio 2, I think I am showing my age.

I hate commercial radio because of the inane adverts every five minutes "you buy one, you get one free" etc. drives me mad.

I only listen to Radio Sheffield (Wednesday) when there's a Millers commentary on & I can't get to the game. I do however listen to Test Match Special for England cricket games.

BTW, I call em Radio Sheffield Wednesday because of their bias towards that particular club!!

I only listen to Radio Sheffield (Wednesday) when there's a Millers commentary on & I can't get to the game. I do however listen to Test Match Special for England cricket games.

BTW, I call em Radio Sheffield Wednesday because of their bias towards that particular club!!

A bit like Radio Red here in Nottingham!

I listern to 5 live whenever I'm in my car or radio Notts on a match day. If I wanted music I'd plug my phone in so I don't have to listen to some obnoxious DJ.

Some dj's are really obnoxious, it will sound sexest but female dj's are the worst.

I listen to 5 live on the school run, well on the way back as on the way there it is normally a cd of the kids choice.

I echo the feelings re modern radio channels, they are either trying to sell you something constantly ( i know they have to for funding but it is enough to drive you to distraction ) or they just play the same 5-7 songs constantly, so called modern dj's seem to be nothing more than television hosts, only you can't see them.

Also does anyone else in their 30's feel that we don't really have a radio station to listen to as Radio 1 is for teenagers, Radio 2 is for people of pensionable age and all the other radio stations are fronted by people who you wish would take a long walk off of a short pier

Radio Derby when the Rams are playing otherwise I listen to Notts.I listen to Gold quite a lot.They have programmes dedicated to the 50's,60's  and 70's and sometimes 80's..I don't listen on Saturday night though as it's all soul music If I'm not in the mood for what Gold is playing I come a bit more up to date with Absolute Radio.I sometimes scan the frequencies and see what I find.

Radio Derby when the Rams are playing otherwise I listen to Notts.I listen to Gold quite a lot.They have programmes dedicated to the 50's,60's  and 70's and sometimes 80's..I don't listen on Saturday night though as it's all soul music If I'm not in the mood for what Gold is playing I come a bit more up to date with Absolute Radio.I sometimes scan the frequencies and see what I find.

To ask a stupid question can you get the gold show online? Also when is the show that plays the 50's, 60's & 70's as my dad would like this :)

Glad to help @Northants Pie. I hope your dad manages to get connected.I'm going to see what's on now but I bet I end up listening to CD's tonight.

To ask a stupid question can you get the gold show online? Also when is the show that plays the 50's, 60's & 70's as my dad would like this :)

Did your dad manage to listen to any GOLD @Northants Pie.I've been listening to the 50's tonight-A mixed bag for me of really enjoyable and instantly forgetable,but that goes for any decade really.

Itune into BBC Radio 4 Extra because it has no news bulletins an I never listen to such broadcasts.

Trouble is the station was launched as Radio 7, hence features such as "The Seventh Dimension" so probably just a matter of time before Radio 4 imposes its doctrines.

6 Music has limited news coverage particularly in the evening and is well worth a listen.

Itune into BBC Radio 4 Extra because it has no news bulletins an I never listen to such broadcasts.

Trouble is the station was launched as Radio 7, hence features such as "The Seventh Dimension" so probably just a matter of time before Radio 4 imposes its doctrines.

6 Music has limited news coverage particularly in the evening and is well worth a listen.

Thanks for reminding me of this station @medievalmickey. This is the station that plays old comedy and  other old stuff isn't? Hancock,Goons etc and Journey into space.I'll have to give it a go again,I'd completely forgotten about it. :thumbsup:

Archived