My apologies...

Let me apologise for not posting in the last few days. I have a severe 'gentlemens' infection. One has swollen to twice the size of its mate!

Doctors got me on strong antibiotics and off work for two weeks.

difficult to walk never mind sit up at a computer so I wont be around for a regular visit for the next fortnight.

You never know. Maybe by the time the infection has gone Notts might be in the middle of a great escape, although I wont be escaping anywhere fast. Too painful by far!

@hissingdwarf ouch, sorry to read this buddy. No need to apologize but admirably I start wondering and miss people (sad I know but I'm really into this online community stuff).

Two of our best players here at PoN FC have become injured. :(

Hope you feel better soon buddy.

Let me apologise for not posting in the last few days. I have a severe 'gentlemens' infection. One has swollen to twice the size of its mate!

Doctors got me on strong antibiotics and off work for two weeks.

difficult to walk never mind sit up at a computer so I wont be around for a regular visit for the next fortnight.

You never know. Maybe by the time the infection has gone Notts might be in the middle of a great escape, although I wont be escaping anywhere fast. Too painful by far!

Stop talking bo**ocks  :lol: (did you see what I did there)

It sounds like something no man would ever wish on anyone else (not even a florist fan), so get well soon! Although I'm sure the cold hard seats at Notts would be a perfect remedy.

Wife has got me a fold up table to sit the laptop on so I can at least check back here during the day. Not posting alot though, it hurts like hell to lean forward!!!

Stop talking bo**ocks  :lol: (did you see what I did there)

It sounds like something no man would ever wish on anyone else (not even a florist fan), so get well soon! Although I'm sure the cold hard seats at Notts would be a perfect remedy.

You're right, not even on a red. I think the doc was a red though. He had an evil look on his face when he asked to drop my trousers!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery @hissingdwarf.

Supporter+

Hope you are feeling better soon, sounds horrible.

Wife has got me a fold up table to sit the laptop on so I can at least check back here during the day. Not posting alot though, it hurts like hell to lean forward!!!

You're right, not even on a red. I think the doc was a red though. He had an evil look on his face when he asked to drop my trousers!

I wouldn't have done it! You're a brave man.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update...

Well the infection has just about gone now, but i'm still off work. In fact, difficult though it may be to admit, i'm now off with work related stress. The school I work in hasn't been a nice place to be for many years now, but I've always shrugged it off. The last six months have been too much though and I've admitted that I need a break away from the pressure. Things didn't go well for the school during its last ofsted and now its being forced down the academy route and its not something I can cope with at the mo! so for the foreseeable future I may be posting on here during the day as well as the evenings, more so now I dont have piles of marking or constant assessments to do!

Cheers all

HD

Glad one problem is resolved, a shame another one has come along. Some time off work may help you get back to your usual self much quicker although you'll now have much more time free. I'm sure you'll find something to fill the gap.

Supporter+

I used to suffer from work related stress, so I can sympathise with you, eventually I took voluntary redundancy and started helping my wife with her home based business and I've never felt better. My income went down but we didn't have any debt and had paid off the mortgage so I was fortunate enough to be able to do it.

If you are of an age you could consider early retirement or another less stressful career path, your health is more important that your career. Good luck.

Thanks for the thoughts. at 40 it's a bit too early to retire yet! I will probably go into supply teaching. Over the years I can safely say I've seen alot of supply teachers and I know I'm more than capable of doing that. The difference there is you actually teach for the day or days then well... go home. Planning and assessments are for the class teacher, not the supply so that seems like a good option.  :)

Glad the infections cleared up, but sorry to hear about your work related problems. I have to say, even as someone who only left school 2 years ago, I can safely say I could never be a teacher. I don't know how they put up with the pressures of it, the demands, and most of the time it's for very little reward. Good luck to you in whatever path you choose.

Glad to hear your alot better now mate, i had a similar problem that one of me marbles suddenly became a bowling ball after trapping one of the tubes,

If you could imagine how the hunchback walks, now apply the hunch to your man garden then i'm sure you could imagine how i looked walking down the street!!

I must say the best bit was the looks off of the mums when I went to pick my kids up from school, some of them will live with me forever.... ha ha

Archived