New cpu game superb.

Feral Fox

I just thought I'd share a new computer game with those that enjoy playing games. I'm sure Joe, you said previously you enjoy simulation/startegy games.

It is called Banished and its a town builder. It is what Simcity has always wanted to be!

Cant recommend it highly enough. Its is made by a one man firm, but it has kept me sane in the past few days. Well worth the £15 to buy. Highly addictive and really deep. Good job really as I'm bed ridden for the next two weeks!

Check it out.

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/game/

There's not many I feel are worth paying full amount for nowadays and yes I am pushing it, because its nice to see somebody striking out on their own and not just sitting in the offices of a firm like EA and taking the wages.

Anyway, anyone who does play it, give me some tips as I've played it for the past two days and am still rubbish!

Plus as you may have noticed the table the wife purchased for me makes it alot easier to post on here now :)  :)  :)

I have to say the video looks very impressive, as do the screenshots.

How are you getting on with it @hissingdwarf?

I noticed it after searching for a knight type strategy game, however the one's I found didn't really impress me but I looked the screenshots of Banished which came up and the video. I think it was listed at around £7, so I will see into that again. I know what you mean, there is another simcity styled game which crossed transport tycoon with it but the game was full of bugs, I forget what that was called. I paid £20 for it from game and a few weeks later it had been put in the £5 zone or 3 for £10.... I was very disappointed with that game.

As usual with me at the start of a game, thinking too deeply into it ends in disaster. 

Example looking at the forums on the game website and seeing people posting with 1000 villagers after 20 years. Christ I can only just keep 100 alive after 20 years never mind 1000.

Seriously good game though. Puts all the other building and sims games at the back of the queue.

£15 on steam so maybe you saw it on one of their holiday sales where they cut everything to half price for 24 hours?

Well worth it though.

As usual with me at the start of a game, thinking too deeply into it ends in disaster. 

Example looking at the forums on the game website and seeing people posting with 1000 villagers after 20 years. Christ I can only just keep 100 alive after 20 years never mind 1000.

Seriously good game though. Puts all the other building and sims games at the back of the queue.

£15 on steam so maybe you saw it on one of their holiday sales where they cut everything to half price for 24 hours?

Well worth it though.

Is the aim to keep people living then? I thought it was about building the settlement, any hidden aspects? Transport Tycoon used to give you bonus targets and of course if you lost x amount of money the game would end.

£15 is good, especially for the detail. I assume it must have been on sale, as it's not now.

Well the aim is to build a thriving settlement and expand as you go, but without food, firewood for heating, clothing, tools etc they hit problems. I normally do ok and then hit a critical mass where my food stocks plummet and I struggle to get them back due to other building projects. By the time I've sorted it lots of them die of starvation.

You basically (on easy mode) start with a storage hut full of basics, 5 homes and a cattle heard. you then build from there. eg a pasture to keep the cattle in and a crop field, then .....

on it goes.

Very frustrating, but very immersive.

Better than transport tycoon. better than my all time 'goto' game which is either stronghold series or rollercoaster tycoon series. Different, but better imo now.

I have paid £15 for it, but if you wanted to try it out I'm sure a man with your talents could find a website which isn't blocked by virgin media and torrent it. it is available as i (allegedly. I admit to nothing illegal!!) may have used this copy then paid the price when I realised how good it really was. Don't believe in downloading and cutting out the games maker if they're working for their money such as this guy obviously has.

• 5 months later...

My all time favorite game was Rollercoaster Tycoon.

I haven't been ble to played any CPU games for about 15 years.

I think a Birthday prezzy is in order

Did you know this as been converted to work on Android? Also, Theme Park, Theme Hospital and Transport Tycoon. I feel like a kid again! [emoji3]

Archived