Adopting the Sharks.

In honour of our newest member I think we should adopt the Cronulla Sharks as our Australian counterparts. Spent a little time reading up on them this morning and they have an interesting history.

sharks.png

Go Sharks. they seem to be good, but not quite at the top of the tree just yet. They also need to put a few things behind them asap such as the recent doping scandal!

Good idea but as a Rabbitoh (since the demise of the Bluebags) I can't really go over to the Sharkies. Had the pleasure of seeing ET play a number of times, as well as the good team of John Lang's in the mid 90's. However, to me they'll always be synonymous with the magnificent lunatic Tommy Bishop.

Good idea but as a Rabbitoh (since the demise of the Bluebags) I can't really go over to the Sharkies. Had the pleasure of seeing ET play a number of times, as well as the good team of John Lang's in the mid 90's. However, to me they'll always be synonymous with the magnificent lunatic Tommy Bishop.

Ivansneck obviously knows what he's on about so I officially nominate him our Aussie Rules reporter!!!

I guess you know a lot about the subject at the moment @hissingdwarf. :thumbsup: Sorry!

Haha, Tommy Bishop, indeed magnificent and indeed a lunatic. Not unlike that other mad Tommy, former Blue Bag and Wests icon Tommy Raudonikis.

Ivan, glad to hear you follow our comp - The Bunnies are well supported and many of my good mates follow them with vigour. Interestingly, a good mate of mine is on the board of the Newtown Jets (they still play in the lower grades) and Irvine has helped them out with a couple of projects in recent years.

Newtown's home ground, Henson Park, is a great place.

Haha, Tommy Bishop, indeed magnificent and indeed a lunatic. Not unlike that other mad Tommy, former Blue Bag and Wests icon Tommy Raudonikis.

Ivan, glad to hear you follow our comp - The Bunnies are well supported and many of my good mates follow them with vigour. Interestingly, a good mate of mine is on the board of the Newtown Jets (they still play in the lower grades) and Irvine has helped them out with a couple of projects in recent years.

Newtown's home ground, Henson Park, is a great place.

Raudonikis was indeed a chip off the same block as Bishop. I saw Newtown win the Metropolitan Cup at Parramatta in '97. Good result for you this weekend - where did that come from?

Even better seeing Balmain beat Manly (yes I know they're not really Balmain anymore, but it was at Leichardt - now there is a good ground - Saw Ellery Hanley score his last try there from 60 m.

Archived