Adult learning disabilities!

Hi guys,

Not sure if you or anybody you know has been diagnosed with a learning disability. It's not fun.

I can read and write very well, however I suffer from ADHD, i am taking medication for it.

I must have carried it over from my childhood., since I have been in the workforce I have been in approximately 20 positions. One or two have lasted more than 1-2 years. it is very hard to concentrate on one specific task.

I'm on the lookout for a new job again. I only had my last job for two months, and they said that I wasn't making enough sales, without warning and no indication of discrepancies. Plus I was on probation for the first 90 days so they had every right of course, So here I go again in the job hunt.

As always, keep smiling and carry-on, that's all you can do.

have a fantastic day everyone :D

Your writing doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it, you always come across very well buddy.

I hope you get sorted and find a job which brings you happiness, we should all be able to find work where we feel appreciated and valued. Companies would learn a lot by treating us as 'humans' and I would suspect your not alone out there.

I don't have any learning difficulties myself, however as a child I struggled to read and write. I actually couldn't until I moved schools, I could not even write a sentence and I struggled badly from reading. I had very poor teachers in my first school, they just gave up one certain people and several teachers would be very nasty towards me. Of course my parents would get the blame and I was never paying attention in class! (not true).

The school where people looked down on around here, turned out to be the best school I have ever been to.

I learned to read very quickly, once I could read my writing greatly improved. I only had about 3 days off in about a year and an half which I got a little award for.

Chin up mate and I am glad you feel comfortable talking about it with us!

You'll get a job in no time, best of luck.

I echo Granny's sentiments.It must be very difficult for you.If you ever feel like talking to someone I'm always here.Good luck

Supporter+

Sorry to hear you are having problems Canadian, there will be a job out there for you, we all have different abilities and things we are good at, just keep on plugging away and things will work out for you.

Archived