Who's getting the new England shirt

4everapie

Ridiculous price!

Umbro was one of the last traditional UK brands, at least in terms of clothing. They should never have sold to Nike in the first place, however did you know that the last couple of Umbro shirts had been made and handled by Nike? They originally stuck with the brand but decided to merge with Nike's global swoosh. I also read somewhere that the company wasn't worth buying at face value, the reason behind the purchase was due to the global marketing and the fact that Nike's slowly been pricing themselves out when it comes to football.

Basically it was so they could get deals from England, Manchester United and many other teams who used Umbro.

At £60 I could buy much more, not worth it. People will buy cheaply from Direct Sports after several months, eventually they will drop to £20-£30.

Very uninteresting article about the design of the Swoosh - Here. Let's face it, it's a fancy tick!

Supporter+

They were saying £90 on Radio Nottingham this morning, whichever price I wouldn't bother for what is basically a white tee shirt.

I used to be a machinist and helped on many football team shirts including England,Man U,Celtic,Rangers,That lot and many more.If you take away the cost of material,labour and transport then someone is making a hell of a profit.

nope were not buying it. maybe once it drops after we lose.

but we plan on getting Harry a kit from H & M, every world cup year they do good "copy" kits for England, Spain, Brazil, Portugal, Holland and Germany. They are abit plainer but they are only £8ish for shirt and shorts....And when kids fall over and he is enjoying playing football at the moment (so mud and grass stains will be everywhere) it makes NO sense paying those sorts of prices.

Tony: I heard it was going to be £90 also

I bought a Notts shirt last week , I kid you not, cost me 24 quid with postage , only for them to drop them in price to a tenner the next day !!

Isn't that typical.This always seems to happen when we replace something expensive in the house.We look around the net and in shops ,find and buy whatever we've been looking for, only to see the same item a few days later being sold much cheaper.

Archived