Fed up with across the river

Disenchanted red

Hi all you magpies

I am as my username states a disenchanted red, so I have decided to jump ship to see Notts from now on.

It's like a circus over there and I am fed up with it.

I've also persuaded a lot of folk who sit around me to come over and support Notts, in fact there is a growing number of people who are thinking of making the move. If anyone wants to come and say hello to us we will be in the kop at the next game, we haven't got our Notts shirts yet so we will have to wear our Forest shirts but hopefully that won't be a problem, there are about 50 or 60 of us. Can't wait to get down the lane and support our new team.

YOU PIES FOR EVER

Supporter+

Hi Disenchanted Red

You and your friends will be made most welcome down the lane, I might even come in the kop myself on the day to say hello. Don't worry about wearing the red shirts we are a friendly family club you won't have any trouble. Hope you enjoy the forum, are all your friends joining too?

Do I rise to the bait? Nice try whoever is responsible.I must say I enjoyed adding to your disenchantment a week or so ago.At least you've seen the light at last.

Do I rise to the bait? Nice try whoever is responsible.I must say I enjoyed adding to your disenchantment a week or so ago.At least you've seen the light at last.

So you won't be joining me for a pint of real ale then @super_ram, I have heard you are partial to a tipple. Perhaps that really nice member @ Tonyhateley will join us, I have heard he is a good looking chap.

Dear @Disenchanted red,first of all I think you are most certainly not red(think back to the posts you made when you bought your car-the one you've just had MOT'd)

You must be VERY disenchanted though-take a look at the prediction league, so it would be very nice to join you with a pint(or 3) and help you drown your sorrows. :thumbsup::rollonfloorlaughing: and hopefully celebrate the great escape.

Supporter+

When Super first read the original post above he was laughing and said and I quote "Ay up,which daft bugger's posted this.I bet it's Tony" :thumbsup:

He knows me too well. :biggrin:

He knows me too well. :biggrin:

and you made me laugh again. :thumbsup:

Supporter+

I didn't comment, as I didn't want to ruin it. Your e-mail gave it a way to me :)

It may be different but it links back to you, though I wanted to see who you fooled. LOL

Yes. I thought the email might give it away, I was going to get one of those disposable ones but I couldn't be bothered.

Supporter+

I did a similar thing on our forum, I made up an account called Sheik Amrch 32nd (anagram of March 32nd i.e. April 1st) and posted in the welcome section in broken English that I wanted to purchase small motorhomes to replace camels in the desert because they have water storage like camels and arabs would be able to sleep in them instead of putting up a bedouin tent.

I don't think it fooled anyone but I had some people playing along with it, someone who is a Coventry fan asked the Sheik if he could buy the club because they needed a new owner, someone else wanted to keep his motorhome but offered his wife in a swap for a camel :biggrin: and someone else photoshoped my face on an arab sheik and posted it on the forum.

All great fun.

@tonyhateley I'll give you the satisfaction of having had me fooled for a few seconds. When I saw the threat title I said to me mam someones finally seen the light, then as I read it I realised the date :thumbsup: Good try though! I can remember my uncle texting me on April fools morning in 2010 telling me Notts had sacked Paul Ince. If only, was my response!

Supporter+

@tonyhateley I'll give you the satisfaction of having had me fooled for a few seconds. When I saw the threat title I said to me mam someones finally seen the light, then as I read it I realised the date :thumbsup: Good try though! I can remember my uncle texting me on April fools morning in 2010 telling me Notts had sacked Paul Ince. If only, was my response!

That few seconds will do me :thumbsup: it's hard doing a good April Fools joke because you've got to make it a bit plausible but at the same time it's got to be a bit funny and not just a made up lie. It's good if people realise it's a joke and then play along with a jokey response rather than just spoil it for others.

Supporter+

sorry i was in two minds if i should ask or not, it had me laughing tho. lol

Sorry @liampie I wasn't having a go at you, glad you liked it.

Archived