Barca banned from transfers

Feral Fox

Oh dear. looks like the bid for Enoch might have to be cancelled now then. :rolleyes: 

Maybe we could do as swap deal Enoch for Messi if they cant buy him outright.

Barcelona transfer ban: Fifa issues 14-month sanction

Spanish champions Barcelona have been given a 14-month transfer ban by Fifa for breaking rules on signing international players under 18.

The Catalan club cannot buy or sell players until the summer of 2015 after the world governing body imposed a transfer ban for the next two windows.

They have also been fined 450,000 Swiss Francs (£305,000).

Analysis of Barca ban
Andy WestEuropean football writer in Barcelona

"This is a shattering piece of news for a club that had already endured a very difficult season off the pitch following allegations of tax evasion around the signing of Neymar.

"That saga led to the resignation of controversial club president Sandro Rosell in January. Now his replacement, Josep Maria Bartomeu, can expect overwhelming pressure from fans to call new presidential elections as soon as possible.

"The impact upon the team is also hugely significant. With veteran captain Carles Puyol and goalkeeper Victor Valdes leaving at the end of the season, the club had already announced their intention to splash out on top-class replacements. Now that seems impossible, which means the squad will be severely weakened next season.

"It is also yet another massive blow to Barca's previously much-respected global brand, which has taken a huge battering in the last few months and will be further tarnished by this latest development."

The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has been sanctioned by Fifa for the same breaches.

Barcelona are hoping to sign a new goalkeeper at the end of the season, with the long-serving Victor Valdes leaving the Nou Camp at the end of his contract.

The four-time European champions have been linked  with Borussia Monchengladbach keeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen, while they agreed a deal to sign17-year-old Croatia midfielder Alen Halilovic last week.

The RFEF has been given a fine of 500,000 Swiss Francs (£340,000) and told to "regularise its regulatory framework and existing system concerning the international transfer of minors in football" within a year.

Fifa rules state  that international transfers are only permitted for players over the age of 18 - unless the player in question meets one of three qualifying criteria.

Under-18s can move to a club in a different country if their parents move there for non-footballing reasons, if they are from another nation within the European Union or European Economic Area and aged between 16 and 18, or if they live within 100km of the club.

A Fifa investigation - centred on several players aged under 18 who were registered and played for the club between 2009 and 2013 - found that Barcelona and the RFEF were guilty of a "serious" infringement of the rules in relation to 10 players.

Fifa told BBC Sport the identity of these players was confidential.

Its disciplinary committee said it sought to protect the best interests of young players, even if an international transfer might be beneficial to their football careers.

"On the basis of this analysis, the committee concluded that 'the interest in protecting the appropriate and healthy development of a minor as a whole must prevail over purely sporting interests'," said a Fifa statement.

Play media
_73525311_73525310.jpg

The next Messi?

It is the latest off-the-field issue to trouble Barcelona this season.

Earlier this year, the Catalan club wereaccused by the Spanish authorities of tax evasion relating to the £50m purchase of Brazil forward Neymar. A criminal investigation is under way, despite Barca making a "voluntary contribution" of more than £11m in taxes.

The club's president Sandro Rosell resignedafter he was accused of misappropriating funds in the deal.

Rosell and his successor Josep Maria Bartomeu insist the 22-time Spanish champions have not acted illegally.

Why does a team worth so much need to avoid doing things the right way? I can never understand that.

You'd expect teams with limited resources to make shortcuts but not the big boys, this serves 'em right tho. It's also good that a team like them are being punished and I hope that it makes others think twice. The transfer embargo shouldn't really effect them though, so perhaps this could be considering in the future. They have a strong enough squad and reserve team, whilst youngsters come through all the time but often level to progress.

I see them benefiting from this in a way but obviously it's still a good thing.

I agree with @notts-joe in the fact that they will benefit from this. They are obviously a great club with some great players, but now they will be bringing through even more great players from their own region. I'm sure the Spanish fans will be (continuing! i suppose) to rub their hands together with glee.

Gives a good chance for the brilliant youngsters they have to come through.

I agree with @notts-joe in the fact that they will benefit from this. They are obviously a great club with some great players, but now they will be bringing through even more great players from their own region. I'm sure the Spanish fans will be (continuing! i suppose) to rub their hands together with glee.

Gives a good chance for the brilliant youngsters they have to come through.

Bloody hell stop agreeing, argue! call him names!

Barca are useless spanish thieves! and @notts-joe out!  :lol:

And you can shut yer gob or I'll belt you wi' me sticks ya @*!!**.

I meant to say,please behave @upthepies,there's a good chap. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Careful Granny, what will the neighbours think to your language! Its not very friendly.

Anyway, Im going to tell my mummy now!  :cry: 

Careful Granny, what will the neighbours think to your language! Its not very friendly.

Anyway, Im going to tell my mummy now!  :cry:

Aw shud up,she don't scare me.

oh ,I meant,Oh dearie me,please don't do that. I think I might cry now.Boo hoo.

Archived