Hughton sacked.

Feral Fox

With only 5 games remaining and 5 points clear of the premiership relegation zone, Chris Hughton has been sacked and replaced by Adams, a youth team coach.

Surely this is either inspired or purely stupid. I think stupid, but in this situation I suppose the pull of money was weighing heavily on the boards minds. we'll never know what would have happened, just what Adams does or doesn't do.

Supporter+

I was watching match of the day last night and they said that all the bottom teams have now changed their manager. The respective boards can't bear the thought of going down and the money they will lose but unfortunately for them three of them will.

In all honesty though, if you owned the club in that situation would you do the same? As a fan I think he was an ok manager. As an owner looking down the barrel of 70 odd million I probably would have done the same, maybe earlier tbh.

3 teams will be relegated while several more will only just manage to stay up,fact.Will they all sack the manager who's now in charge?

no doubt there will be plenty more will be sacked before the end of the season.

My predictions are:

* 3 more from the prem

* 4 from championship

* 5 from League 1 (including Derry knowing NCFC and their manager/sacking ratios)

* 2 from League 2

Only 14? Can anyone name names?Let the countdown begin.

Now isn't the time to sack any managers, which ultimately will have a fallout on the players. I guess the board just no longer had faith in Chris Hughton, yet how much can you install in someone who's got less experience? Huge risk taken by the club!

It's not like they've been playing bad football, however if they stay up. I am sure the board will say 'we got it right' and again the same if they go down.

Really odd time to start sacking managers though, 5 games to go. Wow! Uphill battle which they've just made harder in my opinion. It's not going to be easy, they have Fulham (a), Liverpool (h), Manchester United (a), Chelsea (a) and Arsenal (h).

Would you not have given the experience backing just under these circumstances alone? That's a tough run. It makes you wonder if there's anything more to the story.

Supporter+

It is a ridiculous time to sack a manager with 5 games to go, perhaps there were other reasons.

That's a sign of yet another club getting too big for their boots. Norwich are one of those clubs are about as high as they can realistically expect to get. Staying in the premier league is a successfull season for them. But like Stoke did with Pulis, they've got bored of finishing midtable after 2 seasons and have got it into their head that they can do better. As a result they've sacked a decent manager and I wouldn't be surprised if it came back to bite them on the arse.

Bet the club has the Society of Black Lawyers on it's case now. You know what they're like when a black manager gets the sack :rolleyes:

Yes,sacking the manager obviously pays dividends?As for that lot'  post Billy Bonehead?Sheffield United have done OK  with Nigel and us Rams with Steve Mc tthough.

Archived