Grandson George drops a clanger

Supporter+

Our Grandson George is on holiday at the moment with his mum and dad and they have been bowling, unfortunately he has dropped a bowling ball on his dad's foot, the trouble is his dad is supposed to be running the London marathon next weekend. Ooops. :unsure:

It continues, first poor @weymouthPIE's mum and now this.

Who's next?

I've nearly had one dropped on mine a couple of times, it's to be expected around little ones and the clown shoes offer no protection. Hope he's okay, did he break any toes? That would be bad.

Supporter+

Nothing broken I don't think but very painful, hopefully he will be recovered before the weekend, friends and family have given over £3,000 to charity to sponsor him. He is running in memory of his brother my other son, so he really wants to do it if he can.

Our Grandson George is on holiday at the moment with his mum and dad and they have been bowling, unfortunately he has dropped a bowling ball on his dad's foot, the trouble is his dad is supposed to be running the London marathon next weekend. Ooops. :unsure:

Do you remember me reporting that Ava had knocked one of my teeth out.Wish your son good luck in the marathon.Is there anyway we can recognise him if we watch on tv?

Hope you're feeling better @weymothPIE,as I said to @liampie, the treatment room is very crowded.

Supporter+

Is there anyway we can recognise him if we watch on tv?

I doubt it, have you ever seen it on TV there are literally thousands running, he isn't wearing a funny outfit or anything. He is really worried he won't finish the course because he thinks he hasn't trained enough but we have told him just to do his best and that's all anyone can expect. He did the Robin Hood half marathon last year but 26 miles is a lot different to 13.

I doubt it, have you ever seen it on TV there are literally thousands running, he isn't wearing a funny outfit or anything. He is really worried he won't finish the course because he thinks he hasn't trained enough but we have told him just to do his best and that's all anyone can expect. He did the Robin Hood half marathon last year but 26 miles is a lot different to 13.

I hope the weather is kind on the day.There's no disgrace in not finishing.I'm sure he'll do his best and be fine.

Supporter+

We'll just look out for the runners near Mo Farah. :thumbsup:

Yes, you can dream, he is hoping to do 11 minutes per mile, we will be there cheering him on along with his wife and our grandchildren, hopefully George won't stick out a foot and trip him up. :biggrin:

We are so proud of him, he has trained hard and lost lots of weight as he was getting quite portly, I know he will do his best for his bro.

Granny and me had a good look at the crowds but didn't see 'the international man of mystery' I hope all went well. :thumbsup:

Supporter+

All went well we had a fabulous day in London, our son managed to finish the marathon in just over 5 hours. We saw him at the Mental Health Foundation cheering point which was at 18 miles and he looked as fresh as a daisy. We then went to the reception that the charity had organised to wait for him to finish and he got a great cheer from the assembled guests when he entered the room, we were so proud of him. There was food and drink laid on and he got a well earned massage and a shower. He managed to raise over £4,000 for the charity and in memory of his brother and there is more coming in which is brilliant.

We went with our daughter in law and George and Freddy our grandchildren, George thinks his Dad won the marathon because he got a medal, bless him.

It was really busy in London as you can imagine, we've not been for ages and it was quite an experience, we saw Buckingham Palace, The Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. The tube was a nightmare though, we were stopping in Ruislip which is just outside London and caught the tube into London, we were crammed in like sardines but every station it stopped at more people piled on, we stopped at one station and I thought we can't possibly fit any more onto this train but people just shove their way on irrespective of whether there are small children there or not, I wouldn't like to live there.

Over all it was a great day and the weather was perfect but when we got back to the car which we had parked outside a friends house we had a £50 fixed penalty because we had parked with two wheels on the kerb. Apparently they are very strict about it down there and even though it was Sunday and we were in a cul de sac road we got nabbed. Pity I didn't know about it before.

Granny and myself watched the marathons to the end.There were a lot of interesting,heartwarming and heartbreaking stories mentioned.I think all the runners are winners.Well done @tonyhateley's son,we're all proud of you! :clapping:

Archived