April 15th 1989

Dripsey3

Supporter+

A date no football fan will ever forget. 96 Liverpool fans left home and never returned. Their reputations were attacked by the establishment. They were called hooligans. If the establishment thought they could get away with it, they were wrong. They picked on the wrong city. 25 years later justice is finally being done. Reputations have been restored, not that they were ever sullied in football fans's eyes. We knew the truth. They'll never walk alone........

JFT96. 

Supporter+

Good post, lest we forget.

I'll Remember the day.

It was supposed to be fun. My Mum worked @ Cussons Soap Factory in Basford. And anually we were treated to a family day out (The good old times). I Was 9 years old and was now Devoted to Notts for the past 6 years. We were heading to Camelot Theme Park and hotel. and we had the radio on the Bus, it was bloody aweful listening to the reports and then watching on the BBC.

RIP to the 96' We'll never forget

I know my Dad was actually there, at the game in the Forest end, as was my Uncle (not together). Both said it took them a while to realise what was happening. They thought it was a few fans playing up running on the pitch at first. But as time passed, as my uncle says, an eerie silence settled around the ground as almost as one, they realised just what was happening.

They'll never be forgotten. Nobody should go to support their team and never return home. Some of those who died were not even out of school for goodness sake, yet the authoroties had the cheek to claim they were drunken hooligans. They took blood samples from kids in an attempt to prove they were intoxicated!

Sickening. Justice is now being done, and when the full truth does come out heads will roll.

JFT96. R.I.P

A date no football fan will ever forget. 96 Liverpool fans left home and never returned. Their reputations were attacked by the establishment. They were called hooligans. If the establishment thought they could get away with it, they were wrong. They picked on the wrong city. 25 years later justice is finally being done. Reputations have been restored, not that they were ever sullied in football fans's eyes. We knew the truth. They'll never walk alone........

JFT96.

The respect given the past few years, along with the truth. Its touching r.I.p

Archived