Man Utd to sack Moyes?

Feral Fox

Man Utd  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Moyes be sacked???

• Yes. He's had enough time now to bring them down a peg or two!
    • No where enough time yet. Give him a break.

Interesting one for me this one. I'm torn between yes or no. Anyone following Ferguson was doomed to failure. Anyone. maybe a new slate with a new manager for the new season will be what they really need as Moyes will be forever called Fergusons choice rather than the best man for the job.

Manchester United manager David Moyes could be sacked within 24 hours, according to Sky sources.

The club are currently refusing to comment.

Sky Sports News presenter Charlie Thomas says that in itself is "significant" after a season that has been "very disappointing" by United's high standards.

143252584-1-522x293.jpgSir Alex Ferguson and David Moyes in 2012, when Sir Alex was United manager

He added "all the indications are" that Moyes' tenure is coming to an end.

The Scot, who replaced Sir Alex Ferguson last May, has endured a miserable time in the Old Trafford hot seat.

The reigning Premier League champions are currently seventh in the Premier League table and will miss out on Champions League football for the first time in almost 20 years next season.

moyes-1-1-522x293.jpgFans initially backed Moyes but support has waned as results have worsened

The Red Devils slumped to a 2-0 loss away to Everton on Sunday - the club Moyes left to take the United job.

The club's share price on the New York Stock Exchange has dropped amid the rumours.

Louis Van Gaal, the manager of the Dutch national team, is the early favourite to take the job if Moyes goes.

cegrab-20130512-182038-389-1-522x293.jpgThe post-Ferguson era has been a difficult one for United so far

He was given a six-year contract after being handpicked by Sir Alex as his successorwhen he retired after 26 years in the job.

When Moyes' appointment was announced, Sir Alex said the club had "unanimously agreed" he was the right man.

"There is no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this club," Sir Alex said.

Sir Alex's time at Manchester United established them as the dominant force in English football, with a string of league titles and cup successes for fans to celebrate.

Moyes described the opportunity to follow in Sir Alex's footsteps as a "great honour".

"I know how hard it will be to follow the best manager ever, but the opportunity to manage Manchester United isn't something that comes around very often and I'm really looking forward to taking up the post next season," he said at the time.

i personally think it would be stupid to sack him. people don't give management enough time any more in footie. after all the fans and club were always going to struggle after having a successful manager for so long. i don't think it helps that he doesn't seem to have much support from the players or club.

at the end of the day if your going to sack the manager, why don't you sack the 11 men on the pitch that let the club down week after week???

When Moyes' appointment was announced, Sir Alex said the club had "unanimously agreed" he was the right man.

"There is no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this club," Sir Alex said.

Give him more time.He hasn't suddenly become a poor manager.

Supporter+

It was always a big act to follow, he needs more time, if he is sacked now the timing is ridiculous.

Sir Alex said that he would need time, he does.

It won't hurt them to stand by Moyes for a little longer, if the start of next season isn't better. Sack him, yet give him time to build and settle his own squad.

SACKED-I suppose this was inevitable in today's instant result' mind set.I wonder how United would have fared had they sacked Ferguson after his first season.

It shows how much United and their fans feel they have a divine right to the English Premiership, utterly stupid if you ask me. The thing which annoys me is how Sir Alex is shoveling out crap about telling Moyes not to take the job, not wanting him to replace. I recall watching him on a chat show, talking about how Moyes is the right man to succeed him!

Around 2m 25s

>http://youtu.be/v5Dvw2HhVyc

Well that was quick! I suppose I should change the poll to who should be next manager at the Theater of Dreams!!!

Bad kick in the teeth for Moyes, but the 'one after the first one' to replace AF should be given more backing.

If the money that is available now for finishing in the top 4 was available back when fergie took charge, he would have been sacked too after they finished 11th in his second full season in-charge.

Sacking Moyes to give the inexperienced Giggs a shot is just baffling!

They should have gave Moyes until the end of the season at least, it's a really pointless and spineless decision. One which makes them seem like club which believes they have a divine right to the title. They don't, nobody does!

Moyes is an excellent manager, but not the character MU needed. Like them or hate them, they are big and they need a big character to carry it off. The most unsuccessful ones have been the quiet, non-aggressive, patient managers. They need the opposite. Someone who can dominate the headlines themselves and take the pressure off the actual team. AF did this all the time. During most of the successful reign, he made sure it was about him or a star player, not the team in general.

When he needed to he stepped on toes etc...to keep the focus in the headlines.

The only one who could have carried that job after AF was Jose M imo. He is the same as in he knows when to make the headlines about him and not the team.

Thing is they now want that Dutch manager, he's far from what they need!

Quality coach, though he works best with the typical European style of football and this isn't the style of the Premier League. If they do go down that route, he sticks to his tactics... They'll do far worse because the Premiership is all about pace and skill, where flamboyancy and the likes will clearly get teams punished. It will also be weird to see United with a coach who isn't British, as they've always stuck to people who know our system and squads.

Oh well, I don't really care about United. :P

Archived