Some people!

super_ram

Last Friday ,after collecting  Grannypie's tablets etc from the chemist,I called in our local Spar shop. As I approached the shop I noticed 2 local beat police officers leisurely crossing the main road and also heading towards Spars. As I walked into the shop behind the officers I noticed some workmen near the refrigerated shelving(which was empty) As I was waiting to be served one of the officers told an assistant that they'd received a report stating that two women had been preventing customers from entering the shop.The assistant explained that they had to close the shop temporarily whilst the work men changed over some refrigerated shelving and that she and another assistant had stood guard at the door while this was being done ,explaining to customers and apologising for the inconvenience..Apparantly someone had taken umbrage to them closing the shop and even though it was only for about 5 minutes this person had phoned the police and complained. I couldn't stop myself from laughing but what a waste of police time.

You know what annoys me the most about this?

THE FACT THE POLICE ACTUALLY INVESTIGATED! They're nothing short of lazy sods around here, I am surprised they even bothered! Mind you, it's a shop. It's amazing how frequent I see them having breaks and people used to complain about council workers! (I assume they still do but majority I know are very dedicated and hard working).

Calling the police over a store doing that, very stupid.

You know what annoys me the most about this?

THE FACT THE POLICE ACTUALLY INVESTIGATED! They're nothing short of lazy sods around here, I am surprised they even bothered! Mind you, it's a shop. It's amazing how frequent I see them having breaks and people used to complain about council workers! (I assume they still do but majority I know are very dedicated and hard working).

Calling the police over a store doing that, very stupid.

When I first noticed the police walking towards the shop I thought they were just going in to buy something.They just sauntered across the road with no urgency.The shop assistants were amazed when they were told that the police had been called.

When I first noticed the police walking towards the shop I thought they were just going in to buy something.They just sauntered across the road with no urgency.The shop assistants were amazed when they were told that the police had been called.

Did you have this back in the day? Police offers shopping? Believe me they do and chin wag, especially in Bulwell.

Unfortunately it could happen anywhere @liampie

Supporter+

That's odd I thought I had replied to this thread. :huh2:

I agree with @notts-joe I am amazed that they sent officers round to investigate, not because they are lazy though, simply because surely they have more important matters to deal with, like putting parking tickets on cars with one wheel on the pavement :joker:  sorry I am joking, it does seem odd though that they sent two officers to investigate such a trivial matter, especially when you hear reports of police not attending quite serious things like intruders on premises etc., perhaps they had a quiet day and were bored.

it does seem odd though that they sent two officers to investigate such a trivial matter, especially when you hear reports of police not attending quite serious things like intruders on premises etc., perhaps they had a quiet day and were bored.

The police around here are awfully lazy, seriously. Every day is quiet around here for them because they do absolutely nothing, I don't know anyone with a good word about them.

Not even the doctors next door to them!

Supporter+

The police around here are awfully lazy, seriously. Every day is quiet around here for them because they do absolutely nothing, I don't know anyone with a good word about them.

Not even the doctors next door to them!

That is very sad that the community don't respect or trust the police.

I must say I haven't had any cause to call the police for anything, the only time I have had any contact with them was when an officer came to tell us som very sad news and they treated us with a lot of compassion at that time and from what I see around the streets in this area is a good police presence with police actually walking around on the beat.

That is very sad that the community don't respect or trust the police.

I must say I haven't had any cause to call the police for anything, the only time I have had any contact with them was when an officer came to tell us som very sad news and they treated us with a lot of compassion at that time and from what I see around the streets in this area is a good police presence with police actually walking around on the beat.

Those days are long gone, we should be able to vote in our beat team and force changes. That would restore some faith, police in other areas are a lot better even in the meadows.

Just certain places.

They walked to the shop? Ain't seen 'em get out their cars in the years lol

Some of our local force actually use those fancy bikes, you know the one's built for speed and hills? A cross between a pro bike and a mountain one? They dump 'em around though and I've seen several times offers chasing after someone who's decided to pick one up and go for a ride on it.

The local beat team rely on buses and walking (a little).

Wow, I didn't realize the disdain for the authorities over there.

I'm with Tony on this one, but I guess it's a different culture over here. The police and community work together. Of course the bad areas a lot harder and you still get crime. Especially in Toronto.

Of course, we have a lot for the police over here. We have Tim Hortons which is a huge chain of donuts and coffee shops, and always have a giggling When we see them in there.

Archived