Steve McClaren keeping watch on some Notts players

Steve McClaren recently stated in local press that he is currently tracking the progress of some out of contract players, interestingly he mentioned us. Which players is he keeping tabs on?

Only this morning I spoke to a scout from Derby, obviously he wouldn't tell me much.

Ah... Oh well! Sheehan? Liddle? Bart? JCR? Murray? Spencer? Who could it be.

1469878_10204074496645613_81116511876639

The only players I could think off that might interest Derby are 1) Jimmy Spencer as this is one dynamic that they don't have as Connor Sammon shouldn't be in that side as he is quite clearly not up to the ability of the others. 2) Bart Bialkowski as Lee Grant pulled of a couple of wonderful saves but although he made clearances via punching the ball away from corners he did look a bit suspect in this area. (i know he isn't out of contract but nevertheless!!)

I'll be stunned if he's actually looking at players who avoided relegation from league 1 by the skin of their teeth for a club fighting to get into the premier league.

I'm stunned so many seem to have missed the picture!

I noticed!

Haynes! Please!

No thank You!

I know a Derby scout, not spoken to him for a while but he covers the local/East Mids area - he ain't been near Meadow Lane this season!

Mind you, a few years ago he told me that Grant Holt would be signing for us, he was just holding out for a better deal - then he went to Norwich! So, maybe he isn't the most reliable barometer!

Archived