New TV 3D

Wow. Just bought a new Samsung tv with 3d and it is unbelievable! Great pictures. After the initial set up I tuned into Sky 3D and a Kylie Minogue concert was on and the images were fantastic. The crowd looked as if they were in front of the tv and she was coming towards them. Very good tech for someone who has never seen it as a home set-up before.

Also got the goals for cash deal. For every England (Even though i'm Irish) goal scored you get a tenner back after the World Cup. Looks like I'll be cheering for England this year as the Republic aren't there and I get money for it!

Is watching your team lose in 3D worse than on a normal TV?

Supporter+

Do you have to wear those cardboard glasses that fall off your nose?

The glasses are cool! They slot straight over normal glasses as well. They are 'active' for the technos out there. You couldn't wear them for hours, but normally it would only be for a film or event so they are fine. Even my son who is partially blind can see the 3d

The glasses are cool! They slot straight over normal glasses as well. They are 'active' for the technos out there. You couldn't wear them for hours, but normally it would only be for a film or event so they are fine. Even my son who is partially blind can see the 3d

Not a fan of 3D TVs here, they make my eyes go funny. I generally think it's best to avoid myself but I liked reading your final comment, I hope he enjoys it and you both/along with family have many hours of watching movies in 3D.

Gimmick but it still brings a wow moment when you first put them on and see it in action. To be fair, we didn't buy it for the 3d, as I also believe it is a 'phase' that movie companies are going through. The picture quality on the tv is soooo good it stands head and shoulders above any tv I've ever seen.

Give it 10 years and then Ultra High Definition will be the next big thing, for for now I'll take the upscaling hd on the new set and the occasional 3d movie!

Walking around Curry's earlier, Ava wanted to watch a Samsung 3D (with one of those 3D Smartboxes). Jake had been watching, so obviously she wanted to try and after putting the glasses on she kept taking little steps back. If the picture shown something coming towards her, she pulled faces which seemed she thought it would hit her/catch her.

Funnily it was showing a food fight and she giggled a way watching.

First time I honestly felt the 3D was good entertainment and that one didn't leave me regretting it, as I mentioned they normally hurt my eyes but this one was pretty cool.

Ill have a look when i get in tonight. Its 48inch i know that much. Id researched the 40inch and thought that was a good size as our old one was 37. When i got the 40" home and unpacked it is was smaller than the old one due to the pictures going right to the edges now rather than the 'frame' surround on older tvs.

Persuaded currys to swap it for the 48 which is perfect for a front room tv.

Archived