I'm on the bench!

Supporter+

I went down to Meadow Lane yesterday to renew my season ticket for me and George my Grandson and there was a queue! Well 3 people if that constitutes a queue :biggrin:

I was told I would be receiving an email and invited to the ground for a tour of the stadium and a photo shoot. I'm not sure I want to have my picture all over the internet but we'll see.

Has anyone else done this? What's it like?

Well done TH. This bench weve all got to sit on must be bloody big!

I got the email, but decided against it because when I went to pay for it I wanted to 'look at' new seats so I was given an armed guard walk around the Pavis inside and out as alot of the gates were locked so we had to go through the players rooms etc...

Not sure if I'm on the bench - or underneath it, at the side of it or on an attachment to it.

Renewed my VP membership yesterday, no one mentioned it but Mrs Trew has subsequently confirmed on NCM that VP's are eligible. Not exactly clear what it entails tbh but it would have been handy for someone to inform me/us about it.

Also disappointed to see that the player sponsorship arrangements have changed. The ordinary fan has been priced out. There are no longer "part kit" deals - it is £475 to sponsor a player's kit! That seems a tad steep to me. I think I'd want a bit more than a buffet lunch & a signed photo for that. Very odd decision, pandering to the corporate few at the expense of the individual many.

Supporter+

Not sure if I'm on the bench - or underneath it, at the side of it or on an attachment to it.

Renewed my VP membership yesterday, no one mentioned it but Mrs Trew has subsequently confirmed on NCM that VP's are eligible. Not exactly clear what it entails tbh but it would have been handy for someone to inform me/us about it.

Also disappointed to see that the player sponsorship arrangements have changed. The ordinary fan has been priced out. There are no longer "part kit" deals - it is £475 to sponsor a player's kit! That seems a tad steep to me. I think I'd want a bit more than a buffet lunch & a signed photo for that. Very odd decision, pandering to the corporate few at the expense of the individual many.

Hi @Pies4u do you mind me asking how much you pay for VP and what do you get for it? I probably can't afford it but just wondered that's all.

It is £1200 for new members. You get a lovely "armchair" seat, private lounge for pre & post match use plus half time tea/coffee & soup. There is a bar, tv & chance to buy an expensive beef cob.

Next season we are getting pre match food to replace post match sandwiches. You get a programme, team sheet & free car park place too. Overall, great deal.

Throw in pre match Q & A with an ex player & the opportunity to meet luminaries like me, Soccerman, the legend that is Jackie Sewell & a half time visit by John Mounteney and it is a pretty decent set up.

Supporter+

Sounds great but it's a lot of money, I love Notts but I couldn't justify spending that amount.

Good for you though, I will turn around from my "cheap" seat and give you a wave next season.

Indeed, I understand that. It prices most out if the equation.

On the other hand my mate has just bought 3 season tickets for c £800! His son is 22 in Aug but still qualifies for a "junior" ticket & his wife is 60, so despite having a well paid, full time job - she gets a discounted ticket too. That hardly seems fair to me.

I just don't understand the pricing policy tbh. How a 22 year old bloke who has been working for 6 years can get a cheap season ticket, the same as a 14 or 15 year old school child seems crazy to me. Similarly, a 60 year old earning in excess of £45k also gets a discount. I'd say that the Club are chucking money away in bid to attract/appease fans. Surely a better system age related prices can be implemented? Why do we give adults junior prices?

You're not the only disappointed to see the player sponsor increase, I know several fans who have or are interested but feel frustrated that they have been priced out by Notts trying to attract corporate sponsors.

This said I swear I noticed another scheme which offered it at a lower rate but I might have dreamed that.

With regards to the e-mail, I share your frustration. I hadn't recieved anything from the club until I renewed my season ticket, despite trying to get the ticket office to check or add my address to their system.

It's one of those strange technical things I suspect.

Archived