Froch vs Georgie Boy

Chris

It's been a long time since I've had any interest in the sport, they don't really promote good fights these days and generally the heavyweight division and sport itself is on a decline in my opinion - Yet this is one fight I always keep an eye out on.

I have to say I really, really dislike Groves.

He reminds of a child who used to get picked on, learned to fight and now thinks he's invisible. Froch clearly is someone Groves dislikes, he managed to get into Froch's head in the first fight and Froch came across as quite childish but I suspect this was due to Groves. This time around things are different, Groves looks to be the child and he cannot even comment clearly without making him seem like he wants to jump straight into the fight.

Interestingly is a point during a interview together, Groves was making comments about being better than Froch in the first fight. Froch replied admitting he was extremely poor and that Groves lost to the worst Carl Froch. How's that for making the fight more interesting? Did anyone watch the interview?

I hope Froch wins earlier on in the fight.

It's been a long time since I've had any interest in the sport, they don't really promote good fights these days and generally the heavyweight division and sport itself is on a decline in my opinion - Yet this is one fight I always keep an eye out on.

I have to say I really, really dislike Groves.

He reminds of a child who used to get picked on, learned to fight and now thinks he's invisible. Froch clearly is someone Groves dislikes, he managed to get into Froch's head in the first fight and Froch came across as quite childish but I suspect this was due to Groves. This time around things are different, Groves looks to be the child and he cannot even comment clearly without making him seem like he wants to jump straight into the fight.

Interestingly is a point during a interview together, Groves was making comments about being better than Froch in the first fight. Froch replied admitting he was extremely poor and that Groves lost to the worst Carl Froch. How's that for making the fight more interesting? Did anyone watch the interview?

I hope Froch wins earlier on in the fight.

For me Groves at this stage reminds me so much of Froch himself when he wanted to fight Calzaghe years ago, the difference being back then was that Calzaghe was clearly on a different boxing planet than Froch has ever been on & the fight was never going to happen, quite luckily for Froch in my opinion as all it takes is one bad beating to derail a career, just ask Mikail Kessler, he got used as a punch bag at will by Calzaghe & he has never hit any highs since, for that matter look at Jeff Lacy the next best thing who was going to destroy Calzaghe etc etc, that fight was so one sided has anyone ever heard of him since?

I get the whole fight build up rubbish but there has only been a handful of people who could continually back up the 'pre-fight chat' and neither of these two are boxers of that class so for me they should both just keep quiet & do their talking in the ring and or afterwards.

Georgie just hit the floor
He was hardly in it at all
One devastating right hand
On his ass he went
His dreams went out the door
When Carl Froch beat him once more
Only lost to one man
What happened to his plan?

My quick parody of BFS/ or SR-71 - 1985

Well Done Froch!!

Archived