World Cup Prediction League

Dripsey3

Supporter+

Howdy. Squads are finalized on June 5th. I guess we should see if there is enough interest and the format. I play one league where you predict all the games before the tournament begins. I play another where you predict each day. Each day is a lot of work, we could use the playoff league format.

Let the discussion begin....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm available every day but posting daily may not suit every one.Count me in whatever is decided.

Supporter+

As I will be abroad with possibly no internet I won't be participating in this one.

As I will be abroad with possibly no internet I won't be participating in this one.

Oh dear, I could come bottom now. :biggrin:

Supporter+

I have a spreadsheet with all the fixtures. Do you want to fill it out in case we do go down the all the fixtures together route? 

Supporter+

Oh dear, I could come bottom now. :biggrin:

Cheeky :biggrin:

Cheeky :biggrin:

Honest ! :biggrin:

I have a spreadsheet with all the fixtures. Do you want to fill it out in case we do go down the all the fixtures together route? 

Yeah i'm in, given the nature of the tournament would it be prudent to do all the group fixtures before the start of the tournament at say two groups a day this way at least it saves the messing around of you posting everyday & all those who are in having to do the same also??

The quarter finals etc could be done on the normal format, you could also give @tonyhateley the chance to give his results now as you know the destination of each group winner into the quarter final format etc, it would be interesting to see how many he gets right!!

Supporter+

Honest ! :biggrin:

Cheekily honest! :biggrin:

Supporter+

I go away Thurs so might not be time for me, not to worry, I'm rubbish at predicting anyway.

Supporter+

FIFA will be running a prediction competition. They will do all the work for us.It would mean logging in every day. I'll be signing up anyway so I can create a league.

Thank god for @Dripsey3!

I have properly fallen into grounds where by I have no idea what I am doing. Arg! This reminded me. I can do whichever format, it will be good to put back in time and start cutting down the things which have been making me busy or balance them better.

Count me in...

Supporter+

OK, I'll set up a league in the FIFA one when it opens. Will post the league code here.

Supporter+

The FIFA one is pants. This site is about the best one I can find: 

http://www.predicttheworldcup.com/

League Code is 43049. 

Supporter+

Please note that you don't have to do them all at once if you don't want to. Just make sure you get them done before kick off. Don't forget to hit save when you are done or the predictions won't be registered. 

All done, although I'm not convinced on any of my predictions. I firmly expect to be propping up the league.

Expect the worst and hope for the best (but with some of my predictions I can't see it)

Gave some of the under dogs a big chance with my ideas!!!

Archived