Your star striker is back!

Supporter+

Have you missed me? No I didn't think so :biggrin:

I am (nearly) back, as I write this we are halfway between Roscoff, France and Plymouth using the ship's wifi.

The good news is that they are going to screen the England match on board the bad news is we will be disembarking around half time. I wonder if I can get through customs and to our hotel before the second half starts!

Welcome back @tonyhateley.It's been very quiet here(not much football news apart from world cup)Hope you had a good holiday,I expect a full report,no excuses! :thumbsup:

Supporter+

Cheers folks, it won't be quiet for long now old big mouth is back.

I've missed you,@tonyhateley but I'm  also missing the other regulars who have been absent notably @liampie.Hope he;s OK.Anyway I'll be glad when normal activity resumes,in the mean time welcome back.

Yes I hope @liampie is ok.Nice to hear from @MuddyPatchPie..Meanwhile please update us on your holiday @tonyhateley(this is PoN and you know how nosey we all are).All other members let's hear what you've been up to.

Good Morning @super_ram,

I have been working on my epitaph..... yes Mrs Northants Pie has had me doing even more decorating, I am even starting to think it is a conspiracy theory between her & the kids to keep me busy! Either that or that fecking book about the Forth Bridge has surfaced again!!  :)

Other than that I have been trying to enjoy the weather with the kids etc, isn't it weird how social some people get with BBQ's etc when the sun comes out??

Supporter+

Meanwhile please update us on your holiday @tonyhateley(this is PoN and you know how nosey we all are)

Not much to tell really @super_ram, we sailed from Plymouth to Roscoff in Northern Brittany overnight and had a cabin, we left around 9pm and arrived next morning around 8am, if you are travelling to Britanny it saves the long drive around from Calais, although it is more expensive ferry but this is offset by not having to pay more diesel and tolls etc.

We hired a mobile home with Eurocamp and had our first week in Ragunez Plage at a campsite that was literally a short walk through a field to the beach, the campsite had everything, bar, restaurant, fantastic pool complex with slides and chutes etc. we didn't do much sight seeing but were happy to sit around the pool or on the fantastic sandy beaches. I did some snorkelling and took an inflatable boat, while Mrs. H. was content to sit on the beach and read her kindle. I also did a bit of fishing without catching anything but I did manage to clear the harbour of a lot of seaweed. :biggrin:

The second week we moved further south but still in Brittany to Carnac which is the site of the famous standing stones (megaliths) which are thousands of years old and number around 3,000. Again we spent a lot of time either beside the pool or on the beach which again was very close to the campsite. The weather for the whole fortnight was hot and sunny, we had EVERY meal (including breakfast) outside on our decking, we did lots of BBQ's, steak and chips, chicken etc., and ate out a couple of times.

I know you are going to ask me about the beer, I am afraid there is no real ale, although Brittany is famous for its cider and there is a local brewery but it is very lager like but not unpleasant, we tended to buy the small bottles and keep them in the fridge, ideal for the hot weather and to consume while the BBQ is cooking. We drank lots of wine too of course (well when in Rome etc).

Altogether a very enjoyable, relaxing holiday, we love Brittany and would love to move there, maybe one day eh?

Meanwhile the work has piled up whilst we have been away so it is going to be a busy week or so while we catch up.

Good Morning @super_ram,

I have been working on my epitaph..... yes Mrs Northants Pie has had me doing even more decorating, I am even starting to think it is a conspiracy theory between her & the kids to keep me busy! Either that or that fecking book about the Forth Bridge has surfaced again!!  :)

Other than that I have been trying to enjoy the weather with the kids etc, isn't it weird how social some people get with BBQ's etc when the sun comes out??

Don't work too hard @Northants Pie,make the most of the nice weather.

Not much to tell really @super_ram, we sailed from Plymouth to Roscoff in Northern Brittany overnight and had a cabin, we left around 9pm and arrived next morning around 8am, if you are travelling to Britanny it saves the long drive around from Calais, although it is more expensive ferry but this is offset by not having to pay more diesel and tolls etc.

We hired a mobile home with Eurocamp and had our first week in Ragunez Plage at a campsite that was literally a short walk through a field to the beach, the campsite had everything, bar, restaurant, fantastic pool complex with slides and chutes etc. we didn't do much sight seeing but were happy to sit around the pool or on the fantastic sandy beaches. I did some snorkelling and took an inflatable boat, while Mrs. H. was content to sit on the beach and read her kindle. I also did a bit of fishing without catching anything but I did manage to clear the harbour of a lot of seaweed. :biggrin:

The second week we moved further south but still in Brittany to Carnac which is the site of the famous standing stones (megaliths) which are thousands of years old and number around 3,000. Again we spent a lot of time either beside the pool or on the beach which again was very close to the campsite. The weather for the whole fortnight was hot and sunny, we had EVERY meal (including breakfast) outside on our decking, we did lots of BBQ's, steak and chips, chicken etc., and ate out a couple of times.

I know you are going to ask me about the beer, I am afraid there is no real ale, although Brittany is famous for its cider and there is a local brewery but it is very lager like but not unpleasant, we tended to buy the small bottles and keep them in the fridge, ideal for the hot weather and to consume while the BBQ is cooking. We drank lots of wine too of course (well when in Rome etc).

Altogether a very enjoyable, relaxing holiday, we love Brittany and would love to move there, maybe one day eh?

Meanwhile the work has piled up whilst we have been away so it is going to be a busy week or so while we catch up.

Sounds like you all had a great time and the weather was much better than here.

Good Morning @super_ram,

Glad to hear you're keeping busy,but you will at least be getting your house to how you want it to be and just when you're feeling pleased with all the effort and hard work I bet Mrs Northants Pie will find something else for you to do.Just make sure you make the most of any decent weather.

Thanks for the update Mr H.Glad you all enjoyed the holiday, it sounded really good.

Supporter+

Glad you had a great time Mr H! Have you re-newed your season ticket? Are you on the Bench? We are, well me and mum anyway.

Yes I have renewed, I'm afraid you will have to put up with me and George again next season.

How is your Dad @magpiejue?

Dad is doing ok thank you, not a lot wrong with his appetite bless him. Just the walking not really getting any better. We took him to the Nav for fish and chips when we went for our season tickets. Look forward to seeing you and George at the Lane again.

Supporter+

Dad is doing ok thank you, not a lot wrong with his appetite bless him. Just the walking not really getting any better. We took him to the Nav for fish and chips when we went for our season tickets. Look forward to seeing you and George at the Lane again.

Mmmm fish and chips, lovely, that's one thing I missed in France and the first meal we had when we got back.

Glad your Dads ok.

Archived