Phew what a scorcher!

Supporter+

I hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather. What are you all up to?

I've been busy catching up on computer work which has mounted up during my holiday but managing to get in the garden now and again to play with Grandson Freddie in the sunshine, trouble is he exhausts me, he is 2 and a real live wire.

Last Saturday we had a family BBQ, it was great to get all the grandchildren together, the weather was a bit cloudy but we managed to sit outside and eat our grub, we invited some friends to so there was quite a crowd of us, of course Mrs. H. got far too much food so we are now living off sausages and burgers for the rest of the week.

Sunday we took the grandchildren to Waterworld in Stoke, it's a great place for kids, quite expensive but its a whole days entertainment, lots of slides, flumes, rapids, waves, floating islands etc., It's about an hours drive so not too far.

Mrs. H. sits reading her kindle while I enjoy myself in the pool with the kids, great fun.

Has it been updated recently @tonyhateley? Considered going there a few years ago, but friends said it was quite 'dingy' and not the cleanest of pools etc... Changing rooms were tragic apparently according to them.

Had the morning off from assisting the boss so I got to give the new pressure washer the full treatment on the slabs around the side of the house! Also cleaned the wheelie bins up just so the wife can throw rubbish in them!

Supporter+

Has it been updated recently @tonyhateley? Considered going there a few years ago, but friends said it was quite 'dingy' and not the cleanest of pools etc... Changing rooms were tragic apparently according to them.

I don't know whether they have been updated or not @hissingdwarf, they seemed ok to me but then again I'm not particularly fussy, everything seemed clean, the only thing I might have an issue with is the food. You aren't allowed to take your own food and the food on offer at the poolside cafe, we had to wait ages to get served and it was all very unhealthy stuff, burgers, chips etc, we'd rather have taken our own food, apart from that a great day out.

Talking of clean changing rooms, I once went to Water Meadows in Mansfield and went into a cubicle to get changed and someone had done a poo in there! Still what can you expect from Mansfield folk.

I cut our hedge today(3rd time this year) and I feel shattered now but a good excuse for some cure-all in a bottle(McEwens Champion ale)

Supporter+

I cut our hedge today(3rd time this year) and I feel shattered now but a good excuse for some cure-all in a bottle(McEwens Champion ale)

Oh yes! Now your talking, we are going up Scotland in August, I last visited quite a few years ago and the had McEwens on draught, hope they've still got it.

Archived