Breaking News: Stevie Gerrard has retired from internationals

Harrys_Mummy

Just thought I would post and let you know, that Steve has just announced his retirement from internationals. No big surprise really as he is 34 years old, and in my opinion was poor during the world cup. Hopefully we start bringing in some more new flesh rather than all the old squad

Supporter+

Good news for Liverpool. He's still a very important part of their team. The less games he plays the better. It should mean more game time for players like Barkley. England will qualify comfortably for Euro 2016. Plenty of scope for Roy to try out the younger players.

I'm not sure I'd give it to Daniel Sturridge but I certainly wouldn't give it to Glen Johnson, Joe Hart or Frank Lampard (although I feel we missed Lamps in the world cup).

I'd be tempted to slowly introduce Luke Shaw as the captain, if he can bed a position. For me he's far better than any of the players in our squad and he only featured in one game to my knowledge which was Costa Rica but he looked class.

Gary Cahill (maybe), Jordan Henderson (maybe but he needs to step up), Ross Barkley (future wise, he'd be a decent punt)...

its a shame as he still is one of our best mids, nobody can pass or lead the line quite like him. good captain, i dont blame him for a poor performance during the world cup because the majority was poor. good news for liverpool though

Supporter+

its a shame as he still is one of our best mids, nobody can pass or lead the line quite like him. good captain, i dont blame him for a poor performance during the world cup because the majority was poor. good news for liverpool though

I agree @liampie, he is still a very good player even though he is 34, its a shame he is one of my favourite England players.

I agree @liampie, he is still a very good player even though he is 34, its a shame he is one of my favourite England players.

One of my favourite players too,@tonyhateley.Loved it when he bombed forward for England.

Archived