5 years ago...

five years to the day since some bloke who once managed England and Man City showed up at Meadow Lane promising us the world on the back of more money than this club had ever seen

post-49-0-26773300-1406112576_thumb.png

I can remember that morning clear as day. We were moving house, and I came downstairs at about half 7 that morning, and sat with Sky Sports News on still half alseep, while they were going mad over Sven joining a league two side. It honestly took a good half hour for me to realise what was being said!

It was just surreal. Yeah, I know in the end it all turned out to be a massive con job and it damn near killed us. It was scary, but I still look back on that incredible 12 months with a smile.

Five years eh? How time flies!

Supporter+

I remember that season well. My Mom was ill and to be honest County winning was about the only thing that used to lift my spirits. Hughsey's hat trick against Bradford to start the season.....magic.....

Weird season with big expectations and one like no other, Sven's a great guy. He donated a lot of money to local charities and wasn't at all like media makes out.

If only we could have made the dream last longer (without financial troubles).

Controversial I know, but best season for along long time. Driving into work and seeing Notts and Sven on Billboards around the city was fantastic. Crowds buzzing, red fans crying, The season will be remembered for the bad things, but the pure energy that came out of it was amazing.

Difficult time, but it sure made being a Notts fan interesting again. Fantastic results, fantastic players, good memories.

Shame really it wasn't to be!

We We're so far down in the Dumps over the "Trust". That we just thought, there was no there way out.

I Was actually visiting England through out those 2 weeks leading upto Sven coming in, And i got to the Florist game but missed the Bradford game by 2 day's :( 

Memories to last a Lifetime though  :)

I hope the next time i'm over We Might Get/Do Something good, but this time "FOR REAL"

Supporter+

What a season that was, great memories but you sort of knew it would all end in tears, we are Notts County after all, things like that don't happen to us.

Archived