***Prediction league - New Season***

weymouthPIE

Well just over one week to go until the season starts all over again. It seems only last week we were celebrating on that incredible day at Oldham. Though the scenes of that day will never be forgotten by the 3,500+ of us who were there that day, I'm sure we're all hoping we don't get put through the mire quite like that on the final day at Gillingham this season!

Anyway, with the start of the new league season comes the new prediction league! @notts-joe will be hoping to defend his title and I'll be after revenge after bottling it on the final day!

It'll have basically the same format as last season. There will be a round for all 46 league games, and I'm looking to do a seperate knockout type competition for the FA Cup, but more on that nearer the time of round 1.

How it works

For a Saturday round, the fixtures will be posted on a Thursday night, giving players a couple of days to post their predictions. All matches included will be 3pm kick offs unless it's a bank holiday, and the deadline for predictions will be kick off time - 3pm.

For Tuesday night rounds, the fixtures will be posted Sunday night.

All's you have to do is simply post your score predictions in the thread.

Points system
Same as last season, but I'll go through it again:

correct score: 3 points

correct result: 1 point

wrong result: no points

Example:

My prediction: Notts County 2-1 Ossasuna

Game ends 2-1 to Notts - 3 points

Notts win, but not by a score of 2-1 - 1 point

Notts lose or draw - 0 points

I usually update the scores and league table on a Saturday night although there will be the odd occasion where I don't get back from an away game, either with Weymouth or Notts, till quite late, but I'll give you a heads up.

Other than that there's not much else to say. Just wanted to post to remind everyone that it will be happening again, and I encourage everybody to give it a crack. It's good fun and we have a lot of banter together :)

Hopefully we have even more people involved this season. You don't need to be particularly good at predicting results to take part (isn't that right @tonyhateley? sorry mate ;) ) it's just good fun :)

Opening day round will go up here on Thursday

Supporter+

Hurray! The prediction league is back. :happy banana:

It will definitely be my year this year, I can feel it in my water, watch out everyone, Tony has had a good pre season and is fired up and ready to go. :hyper:

Please get involved, it's great fun, just keep an eye on @weymouthPIE I suspect he takes bribes from a certain @super_ram, just check the results and your own points, I've caught him out once or twice.

Seriously, thanks @weymouthPIE for organising this, its great fun.

Supporter+

I'm in from the start this time. I should have it won by Christmas...... :hyper:

Supporter+

Another @tonyhateley! Oh no!

There's only one Tony Hateley, one Tony Haaaaaateeeelllllley, there's only one Tony Hateley. :lol:

There's only one Tony Hateley, one Tony Haaaaaateeeelllllley, there's only one Tony Hateley. :lol:

And he can't predict very well,but he does make us laugh a lot. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Looking forward to starting from game 1 this year, not too worried about @tonyhateley & @super_ram as the oldies always start well but falter not long afterwards as the ravages of time take effect..... ha ha (anyone who has been to morrisons will know what I mean)!!!!......

I have heard though that there has been a sudden rush on deep heat in Nottinghamshire so if they use it wisely they might be able to sustain a longer run.......  :lol:

Supporter+

not too worried about @tonyhateley & @super_ram as the oldies always start well but falter not long afterwards as the ravages of time take effect.

Hey, I hope you aren't lumping me in with that old bugger @super_ram, I'm years younger than him. :wink:

He can remember when they used pigs bladders for footballs. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Supporter+

And he can't predict very well,but he does make us laugh a lot. :rollonfloorlaughing:

I'll certainly be having the last laugh this season, don't you worry.

Good Evening @weymouth, do you already have the fixtures for the 16th planned? If so is there any chance I could have them before Saturday 9th please?

The reason being that i'm heading your way (going to spend time with family in Salisbury & Bath) for 10 days & I don't reckon i'll have access to the net 

Hopefully a better showing from me compared to the WC league!

Probably be bottom for a while due to me going away on hols for two weeks!!!

@weymouthPIE-may I suggest that any participant who misses making a prediction(i.e. holidays etc or simply forgets ) be awarded 3 points automatically.Also anyone who joins later be similarly  awarded 3 points per round missed.

Looking forward to starting from game 1 this year, not too worried about @tonyhateley & @super_ram as the oldies always start well but falter not long afterwards as the ravages of time take effect..... ha ha (anyone who has been to morrisons will know what I mean)!!!!......

I have heard though that there has been a sudden rush on deep heat in Nottinghamshire so if they use it wisely they might be able to sustain a longer run.......  :lol:

RIGHT @Northants Pie,I don't know about @tonyhateley,but I take that as a challenge.Let battle commence :sunshine: :sunshine:

Hey, I hope you aren't lumping me in with that old bugger @super_ram, I'm years younger than him. :wink:

He can remember when they used pigs bladders for footballs. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Not quite @tonyhateley,but I do remember lace up (real) footballs.More like cannonballs when wet.

Did he used to have to watch out for the stitches when going for a header?? ..... :rollonfloorlaughing:

Yes @Northants Pie,the ball left a lovely impression on your forehead and almost knocked you out in wet weather.

Good Evening @weymouth, do you already have the fixtures for the 16th planned? If so is there any chance I could have them before Saturday 9th please?

The reason being that i'm heading your way (going to spend time with family in Salisbury & Bath) for 10 days & I don't reckon i'll have access to the net 

Are you just assuming that down here in the south we don't have any internet? ;) Yeah sure will put this weeks fixtures up tommorow, a weeks build up might persuade more people to get involved.

@super_ram good idea

Are you just assuming that down here in the south we don't have any internet? ;) Yeah sure will put this weeks fixtures up tommorow, a weeks build up might persuade more people to get involved.

@super_ram good idea

It's not so much that there isn't internet available in the area, it's more like the family that we are going to visit see the internet as the devil incarnete......

We ALWAYS get the whole "I don't trust it, why can't people still send letters!!"  & the brilliant gem of when your talking on your phone "why don't you just go & speak to them face to face", although they see no problem if the person was calling on their landline?!?! They haven't quite grasped the fact that a there is no difference between holding a conversation on a landline & a mobile  :)

@weymouthPIE-may I suggest that any participant who misses making a prediction(i.e. holidays etc or simply forgets ) be awarded 3 points automatically.Also anyone who joins later be similarly  awarded 3 points per round missed.

RIGHT @Northants Pie,I don't know about @tonyhateley,but I take that as a challenge.Let battle commence :sunshine: :sunshine:

Not quite @tonyhateley,but I do remember lace up (real) footballs.More like cannonballs when wet.

Yes @Northants Pie,the ball left a lovely impression on your forehead and almost knocked you out in wet weather.

My Dad has regaled me numerous times with the stories of when he headed the ball right on the stitches in the wet, he said it was akin to heading a medicine ball & the only thing you knew that evening was that you had an impression of your forehead & most of the time no recollection of how it got there!!

I once played a game with the old style ball and I must say that even in the dry the difference between them & modern day balls in stratospheric  

The deep heat worked really well,now catch me and  super if you can @Northants Pie :thumbsup:

Archived