Northumberland

Supporter+

We are off on our travels again and spending 10 days in Northumberland, it amuses me that everyone round these parts sounds like Vera from the ITV series of the same name.

For @super_ram: I've sussed out a couple of real ale pubs and enjoyed a pint of Golden Sheep from Black Sheep Brewery and New World from Pedigree, the latter was very nice a real strong hoppy flavour.

Why aye man,hope you and Mrs H enjoy your  break ( and the beer)Please keep us updated.

We are off on our travels again and spending 10 days in Northumberland, it amuses me that everyone round these parts sounds like Vera from the ITV series of the same name.

For @super_ram: I've sussed out a couple of real ale pubs and enjoyed a pint of Golden Sheep from Black Sheep Brewery and New World from Pedigree, the latter was very nice a real strong hoppy flavour.

Was the golden sheep a homage to @super_ram ??......

Supporter+

Nice one @northantspie I'd not thought of that

We spent a couple of nights at Holy Island, you can only get to it along a causeway that is flooded by the tide at certain times of the day so you have around a 3-4 hour window twice a day Mrs H was panicking in case the van broke down in the middle of the causeway and we were stranded by the tide, bless.

We have now moved on to Berwick and last night we had a very stormy night with the remains of hurricane Bertha passing over, 12 hours of rain and gale force winds, the rain has stopped but it's still really windy.

Tomorrow we will start meandering back down the coast taking 4 days and stopping off en route, arriving back for Saturdays game.

Archived