Notts County Vs Oldham Athletic

Chris

Weather permitting Notts will be taking on Oldham who are struggling to get results, their performances last season in my opinion was pretty impressive and they have some key players. Jose Baxter poses a threat to us, which would one player whom I have marked but not too tightly because they have some very clever players. (The game against the dark side would suggest this)

I remain optimistic, I certainly believe we can get the better of Oldham.

Very much looking ahead of this game, it's going to make a positive change for me and I hope to see us play the game in the way we all know we can. Good following attacking football, which if done right will mean an entertaining match for both sides.

Please consider reading our Opposition View It's my personal favourite.

COYP

Afternoon, I will not be able to go to the game tomorrow so will be able to use the matchday chat feature on here for the first time! Looking forward to listening to uncle Colin for the next 5 game as we have Oldham and then 4 away games in a row! 

Should beat Oldham, would be good to thrash them! 

Unless it turns really cold it shouldn't be a problem. There's still a bit of snow around, but its quite wet. Should start disappearing tomorrow.

I always view Oldham as a bit of a banana skin. We quite often slip up against them. But they are not doing that well at the moment. Hopefully its the right game to get a long awaited home win under the belt.

Looking forward to the game. If anyone is going in the KOP, stop by and say hello.

You PIES!

Supporter+

Temperatures predicted to be -6 tonight so it could be in doubt. If it goes ahead I think Notts will win, I'll be there.

Pitch inspection 10am tommorow

well i hope it goes well for you guys, could be now your season starts again.

Temperatures predicted to be -6 tonight so it could be in doubt. If it goes ahead I think Notts will win, I'll be there.

forecast anymore snow? sounds like things are touch and go for notts.

we have bury and need to win to keep a good amount of points over those below, that cashbook swindon put us in a sticky situation. we will be good though!

Supporter+

well i hope it goes well for you guys, could be now your season starts again.

forecast anymore snow?

No they say it will be dry but very cold.

Supporter+

The match is on, the ref is happy with the pitch and will take a further look at lunch time but he is confident that nothing will change. Whoo Hoo. :)

The match is on, the ref is happy with the pitch and will take a further look at lunch time but he is confident that nothing will change. Whoo Hoo. :)

I am happy, now lets get this game on. Saturday was the start of our second half of the season, which will be better than the first half of the season. Three points and positioned just off the playoffs again. Looking forward to the future.

Now I'm getting a mix of excitement and nervousness.

Just seen on East Midlands today that we've passed two checks so far, the inspector seems to the like media shine on but at least he understands the fans concerns regarding traveling. Will be nice to get the crowd (as mentioned by Dave) all excited too, would be nice to hear us chant for the majority of the game and I'll be joining in with my two little one's who are repeatedly asking me if it's time to go yet. Got to love snow days!

Fingers crossed!

Children ready, keen to go already and we're watching a tug of war break out between Ellie and Jake who I think Ellie will surprisingly wing it. (at least she's determined too)

317965_10200585368899600_607710272_n.jpg

Hopefully my connection on my phone will be good enough this time around keep on an eye on here too. :)

Notts groundstaff have compleyed a second miracle in four days getting tonight's game on. Let's repay their efforts with a much needed home win. Oldham are there for the taking. Anything less than a win will be a major dissapointment. Wrap up warm if your going tonight! COME ON YOU PIEESSSSSSS

Good luck.I have a feeling about tonight .Hope I,m right.

Notts really put you fans through it.It sounded, on the radio, that Notts were well on top.I was listening expecting Notts to go on and win quite comfortably.Anyway it,s a win and can only improve confidence and you,re still very nicely placed in the league.

At last, a win at home. Only One Nil, but its a start.

I think the lads did well. First half we played very well. Should have put away a few more chances though. I see Enoch has took over Hughesy's mantle, nicking a goal.

We tired in the second half. Not surprising, heavy pitch and after playing for 70 mins on Saturday with ten men.

Well done guys. Let's march on....... COYP's

I have an headache now, which is probably caused by a mix of things.

Very happy with how the day had gone, would of been nice to put faces to some of the friendly people I've come across recently but met a very nice, sincere lady who shared some memories of her childhood growing up as a Notts fan. Decided to let Jake choose where we sat, not the best idea! ended up sitting right near the back of the Derek Pavis stand and five minutes after asking him if he needed the toilet he bloody well did. Poor Ellie coming down, had to make her hold my hand as she is very independent. Spent awhile waving like a nutter, had a lovely T-Shirt on which didn't help matters but very amusing in the right way. Spoke to Mr Westwell at half time and he's every bit of a legend! Top guy :)

Took my picture with Ellie and Jake! Plus a few of my T-Shirt.

I think we played very well, we struggled to finish our chances but we played a good game. They changed their game in the second half, sort of sat back and started making the most of incidents while adding to their own. Their only and best 'real' chance was nowhere near over and thanks to Jake I was exactly on par with the line. Amazing night! You can tell because I haven't stopped typing.

Supporter+

I thought it was an excellent game Notts should have been out of sight at half time we were well on top. The goal was excellent what a superb pass by Boucaud to Campbell Ryce who put in an equally excellent cross for big Enoch for an easy tap in.

Second half Oldham were more of a threat and would have equalised but for a last minute clearance off the goal line by Liddle (I think).

My Man of the match was Boucaud with Campbell Ryce a close second. It was great to get a win at Meadow Lane at last.

Archived