RIP Robin Williams!

Canadian

Supporter+

I saw a tweet earlier, Genie you're free.......

Sums it up I think. He suffered from severe depression. He had been battling those demons for years. Sometimes the demons win. 

R.I.P. 

I actually watched "The Angriest Man In Brooklyn" yesterday, good performance by him and felt really saddened when I noticed a few people saying he had died. I don't know if others noticed people being confused, though some said "Robbie Williams" had died.

:(

R.I.P Robin

Supporter+

Having been bereaved through suicide I know how his family and friends are suffering and how they will continue to suffer in the coming months and years. My heart goes out to them.

Whenever I hear Robin Williams name my mind always goes back to Sunday afternoons before Granny and I were married.We used to go to my cousins for tea and their young son,Tommy(he was about 2 or 3 at the time) would sit on our knee as we watched Mork and Mindy,Great memories.So sad .Rest in peace,Mork

Supporter+

Whenever I hear Robin Williams name my mind always goes back to Sunday afternoons before Granny and I were married.We used to go to my cousins for tea and their young son,Tommy(he was about 2 or 3 at the time) would sit on our knee as we watched Mork and Mindy,Great memories.So sad .Rest in peace,Mork

I used to work with Tommy I can't imagine him sitting on your knee. Lol.

Tragic loss, very sad news.

One of a kind. Great character actor and sublime comedian. I don't buy all the faux adulation for most actors but this bloke is up there with Sir Alec Guinness & Robert de Niro - genius - IMO.

He lit up scenes and there was just something special about his delivery. Too many great film parts to mention really but he shone like a beacon in an otherwise dreary "Dead Poets Society" & his performance in "Good Morning Vietnam" was simply incredible.

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to include a quote there.

I used to work with Tommy I can't imagine him sitting on your knee. Lol.

Tommy's in his mid 30's now with kids of his own.He'd squash me now. :biggrin:

Not that long ago Kate (Cheeky~K8), asked me if I knew about the ex footballer who made comments about Robin. Outraged! Really angered by what I was told.. Alan Brazil should be ashamed of himself, talksport especially for sending out an apology which means nothing.

There's some useless, nothingless pundits out there.

He's the biggest one literally!

R.I.P Robin Williams

Supporter+

Whenever someone takes their own life you get uneducated people who say they have no sympathy and it is a selfish thing to do, people even said it to us when we lost our son. These people don't realise that when someone is in the depths of despair they have no control over what they are doing, depression is an illness just the same as cancer is.

No one can imagine what goes on in someone's head when they take their own life, they are not capable of rational thought, they aren't thinking how it will affect those that are left, they are consumed by a blackness and there is only one way out for them.

Only when people are educated will those suffering get the help they need or know how to find it.

Sleep tight Robin Williams and all those that have suffered, and will suffer, until attitudes change.

A big loss. Hes a great actor and great man too. Such sad news. I still remember him in most of my favourite movies and that will never change.

The way he died makes it worse too. He will never be forgotten. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Archived