matchtalk and Notts Joe?

Supporter+

I saw something on Facebook about our gaffer @notts-joe being on Matchtalk last night so I came on here hoping for more details but I can't find anything. How did it go Joe? I hope it's available on catch up when I get home

It wasn't me.... :lol::rolleyes::P  *Starts singing in a funny Shaggy style :whistle:

@cheeky~k8 actually recorded it, so if it goes offline by time you get back. I will send it across to you if you really, really want to listen to it.

It didn't go all that bad, I was quite calm and found it really enjoyable first. I got a little nervous about half way through, though I just focused on trying to answer questions clearly. It's a good experience for sure, something I would have never done previously but hopefully more of the same will follow (perhaps not Match Talk) but some forms of discussing Notts. You can find it currently on the BBC Iplayer but it usually goes after 7 days, I don't see much demand elsewhere to listen to me ramble on about my thoughts. LOL

Supporter+

We are back on Friday so I should be able to get it on catch up, if not I'll ask you for a copy. It's not something I could do so well done!

Pity we had to listen about that other Nottingham club though :rolleyes: Well done son :thumbsup:

It wasn't me.... :lol::rolleyes::P  *Starts singing in a funny Shaggy style :whistle:

@cheeky~k8 actually recorded it, so if it goes offline by time you get back. I will send it across to you if you really, really want to listen to it.

It didn't go all that bad, I was quite calm and found it really enjoyable first. I got a little nervous about half way through, though I just focused on trying to answer questions clearly. It's a good experience for sure, something I would have never done previously but hopefully more of the same will follow (perhaps not Match Talk) but some forms of discussing Notts. You can find it currently on the BBC Iplayer but it usually goes after 7 days, I don't see much demand elsewhere to listen to me ramble on about my thoughts. LOL

Good on you lad, I will give it a listen when I get back.

Supporter+

Just managed to listen on catch up and I thought you did really well @notts-joe, as I said before I wouldn't be able to do something like that I am better at writing things down and then I can go back and delete something that doesn't sound right, you can't do that with spontaneous speech.

I was surprised though that you were introduced as from Notts County Official Supporters Club rather than from Pride of Nottingham website. It's a massive opportunity lost to promote the site. Were you not allowed to mention it? I'm sure they have had other people on from websites before, didn't the chap who runs Mad go on the programme last season.

Anyway as I say well done. :thumbsup:

Just managed to listen on catch up and I thought you did really well @notts-joe, as I said before I wouldn't be able to do something like that I am better at writing things down and then I can go back and delete something that doesn't sound right, you can't do that with spontaneous speech.

I was surprised though that you were introduced as from Notts County Official Supporters Club rather than from Pride of Nottingham website. It's a massive opportunity lost to promote the site. Were you not allowed to mention it? I'm sure they have had other people on from websites before, didn't the chap who runs Mad go on the programme last season.

Anyway as I say well done. :thumbsup:

Well, see there's still confusion with my nickname. I am not ready to be known by the majority by my real name, so I hung back and did it from the associations view point but it was mainly football discussion.

I know what you're saying, though for me it's not a loss of publicity.

We're doing fine, just need our squad players. ;)

Thanks.

Supporter+

Well, see there's still confusion with my nickname. I am not ready to be known by the majority by my real name, so I hung back and did it from the associations view point but it was mainly football discussion.

Good point I can understand that and hadn't thought about that aspect of it.

Archived