R.I.P John Mounteney

Chris

Supporter+

This is very sad news I did once have the pleasure of meeting him and he really was a real gentleman. I know he has been a big influence behind the scenes at Notts he will be sadly missed.

People say Colin Slater is Mr. Notts County well John certainly deserves that title too. I hope we will be able to show our respects at the match on Saturday.

Tragic news, terribly sad loss.

Sincere condolences to Daphne & the rest of the family.

True "scholar & gent", utterly devoted supporter and a hugely iconic figure over the past 50 years or so. It will not be the same without him, he will be greatly and sadly missed.

Known him for years, personal friend of my late father and I have shared many memorable Notts occasions in the company of John & Daphne, not least the 150 dinner, Sir Jimmy's tribute dinner and the many ex Player Assocn functions. Simply devastated by this news.

I'm almost  certain I spoke to John in the club shop on the morning of the Oldham game in May. I had no idea who he was at the time but I saw his picture a few days later and he looked very familier. Assuming it was him, he seemed like an absolute gentleman, very knowledgeable about the game and full of passion for the club.

Very sad news, he did so much for this club over the years. Very sudden. The club has lost another big part of it's soul, and I do hope he gets some sort of recognition. There should be a minute's silence for him ahead of saturday's game, and hopefully we put on a performance he'd be proud of and earn 3 points for him.

R.I.PJohn

Archived