One for the oldies

Supporter+

Imagine going to Meadow Lane for an 11 hour concert and seeing the likes of Fleetwood Mac, the Tremeloes, Georgie Fame, the Move, Pink Floyd and Status Quo all for the meagre sum of 87 and a half pence.

This is exactly what happened in 1969 when the Nottingham Pop and Blues Festival was held at Meadow Lane. What a fantastic day that must have been I was 17 at the time but I honestly can't remember seeing anything about it but I wish I had gone.

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/nottingham-festival.html

Some line up!

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh I wanted to go like you couldn't believe, what can I say? How about 14 years old and skint.

I was really interested in, Pink floyd See Emily play, Love Sculpture Sabre Dance, Fleetwood Mac The Man who sold The world.

I'm also pretty sure this was the year my dad bought our first record player, a dansette.

Supporter+

Oooh I wanted to go like you couldn't believe, what can I say? How about 14 years old and skint.

I was really interested in, Pink floyd See Emily play, Love Sculpture Sabre Dance, Fleetwood Mac The Man who sold The world.

I'm also pretty sure this was the year my dad bought our first record player, a dansette.

Oh yes I had a Dansette record player in my bedroom. Happy days.

Archived