300 Odd Mile Round Trip

4everapie

Travelled up from Gt. Yarmouth picked my mate uo from Norwich for the game v Orient. Got back a 2.30am. And Notts put on a display like they did, many more displays like that and the fans will turn on Derry or judt not turn up at all.

I've heard a lot of complaints.

It's funny, some fans complain when it's more "positive" and others get moaned at when it's not. Now, I personally don't see the game as being massively bad but I can understand why traveling fans from any distance outside of Nottingham might be annoyed by the fact we didn't play "attacking football". We just sort of defended and Cassidy needs dropping or finding a partner in my opinion.

Shame I didn't see you mate, hope your keeping well and having fun.

Are you back on Saturday?

Second half sounded dissapointing in terms of performance but let's be honest here, when the fixtures came out and we saw we were playing Peterborough and Orient in the space of four days - how many of us would have snapped your arm off for two draws? I've seen a lot of people claiming we should be beating teams like Orient, well I'm sorry but they're a class side. There's no way on this earth they will be down there at the end of the season, they'll be fighting in the play-off mix again, I guarentee it.

Oldham Saturday, now that is more the sort of game we need to be winning. But it's important we remember how much progress has been made. It was a year to the day on Tuesday a weaker Orient side than that which we faced on Tuesday ripped us apart 5-1. We were really poor at grinding out points last season, and thankfully we look more than capable of doing that this season. We're not going to be a side who goes and outplays the likes of Orient or Peterborough and win 3-0. But after last season, I'm more than happy to see us grinding out results and finishing midtable. It took us until the 31st October to amass this many points last season

I've heard a lot of complaints.

It's funny, some fans complain when it's more "positive" and others get moaned at when it's not. Now, I personally don't see the game as being massively bad but I can understand why traveling fans from any distance outside of Nottingham might be annoyed by the fact we didn't play "attacking football". We just sort of defended and Cassidy needs dropping or finding a partner in my opinion.

Shame I didn't see you mate, hope your keeping well and having fun.

Are you back on Saturday?

The problem for me was the complete lack of any attacking whatsoever, we just humped it into the air at every given opportunity, whether the situation warranted it or not, I can honestly say that apart from when Keith Alexander was in charge of Macclesfield in the nigh on 1000 professional games I have seen I have never seen a team play with no attacking ideas whatsoever, even with the corners we had, as soon as the corner was taken our lads were retreating back to defend thin air before the ball had even reached the penalty spot, this was most evident in the first half when Gary Jones sent over a brilliant corner to the back post which had all of their defenders panicking and our lads had literally started retreating as soon as he took the corner.

I don't mind defending like that if the game warrants it but it didn't and that was the most soul destroying part for me.

Jake Cassidy is shocking, the boy couldn't head a bus queue, he might run around alot, but he does nothing else.

Archived