Verdict on our squad from a legend

4everapie

This person was talking to about 4 of us in the MLSB, after the game on Saturday. He told us what Jimmy would do with half the squad, and they wouldn't be anywhere near meadow lane. We said that the 70's team would wipe the floor with this team. He reckons we are in for a relegation battle, we begged to differ on that point, he said you wait and see. Told us about Jimmy and how he managed the team and other staff. It was his club and ran it with an Iron fist. Makes Clough an Angel in comparison.

Jimmy knew exactly what he wanted, he didn't mess about and if players didn't fit in, they would be shipped out. There's a reason Scottish managers are successful within the English game and it's because of their attitude/passion. Of course knowing the game, though neither Sirrel or Ferguson had glamorous playing careers. I have a feeling we could be in for a long ride if we don't start turning points into wins, however it's all about performances.

I'd love to see the 14/15 squad take on any of Jimmy's sides from the 70's.

I don't think it would be plain sailing for either, why? because the games changed so much but both have values and methods which are useful.

Players in the 70's wasn't as "fit" or "athletic", that's something which as really progressed over the last 10/20 years. Yet they played proper football, with proper passion and knew how to get stuck in. The game of the 70's produced "men" and not boys.

Archived