Slade resigns

super_ram

BBC Sport - Russell Slade: Cardiff target resigns as Leyton Orient ...

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29355312 - Cached

3 hours ago ... Leyton Orient manager Russell Slade, favourite for the vacant Cardiff City job, tenders his resignation as O's boss

Can;t say I blame him!

You know, I feel for the Orient fans. I don't think they will be able to attract a manager who can wheel and deal, whilst knowing how to manage his side. They'll probably end up with one or the other, becoming pretty average in the process. That said, it sounded like they have money from their board and we all know where that can lead.

I just hope they don't hire Di Canio.

Russell Slade deserves the chance to manage at a higher level, so perhaps a move to Cardiff could be good for both parties?

I am not surprised he resigned, after his mistreatment and a higher profile job being linked. It doesn't half make him more approachable does'nt it? I'm not saying he resigned to get the job though.

How strange the football world is. What other job can you go from being threatened with the sack one week and it being published heavily to then moving (assuming he does end up at Cardiff - who are a little unstable anyways) where he will earn probable 3 or 4 times what he was on an a much bigger job opportunity?

dont think he's that good a manager never liked him when he was at notts and dont think hes good enough for cardiff

Only way to find out is for him to step up, he did well with Orient.

One of the best lower league manages IMO.

Let's be honest. All he needs to do is get one year there and he's probably set himself for the rest of his life. Anything above the substantial wage I'm sure he negotiated, has got to be a bonus He may come out of this with a good team gunning for the top, he may not. As long as he can bank enough cash from Mr Tan then he's laughing, regardless.

Cardiff could have done with going with experience within the championship, all due respect to Slade he's punching above his own weight in league one.

I would say the complete opposite re his ability, Tan wants a manager to just manage the team & let him run the club, Russ fits this bill perfectly

I would say the complete opposite re his ability, Tan wants a manager to just manage the team & let him run the club, Russ fits this bill perfectly

I think it depends on how much Tan does not interfere with the actual football, Russell Slade should do okay if they allow him to bring in his own players but if Tan decides he wants to play manager, I do not see it working.

Archived