Wing and a prayer

Chris

RYANAIR boss Michael O’Leary has come to the aid of Martin O’Neill — by offering Jack Grealish’s family free flights if he plays for Ireland, writes John Fallon.

O’Neill is frantically trying to keep Aston Villa wonderkid Grealish away from the clutches of his native England.

The 19-year-old has parked a decision on his international future to concentrate on Villa — as Chelsea and Manchester United keep tabs on the flying winger.

But sports-mad O’Leary — who attended Villa’s match at Chelsea on Saturday when Grealish was an unused sub — has mounted a charm offensive on behalf of his country.

It's a fantastic offer, however Jack's got to make the decision.

Playing for England could see him progress further as an international, with a squad behind him. He could be the shinning light for Ireland and take them places which they have rarely been, he could help bring through more talent and encourage more youngsters to play for Ireland. This offer for free flights, isn't going to make it any easier!

In other News!

Michael O'Leary's just been informed how many of the Grealish clan will be making their first flight to support the young Jack!

Picture-229.png

Hehe...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAg0lUYHHFc

If you do nothing else on this site for the next few days I implore you to watch this and see if you can manage to not laugh out loud.

Going to see them in November. Absolutely fantastic.

Supporter+

I'd love to see Jack playing for England.

Jack is English, born and bred in Birmingham but his family are from Ireland.

It's a tough stance to decide which you would play for, I suspect he can see greater things from playing for England but he decided to play for Ireland at Under 21's level and this could very well be what he ends up choosing.

I doubt the offer of flights would make much difference.

Jack doesn't need the lifetime offer, I am sure he can afford more than a budget airline.

Jack is English, born and bred in Birmingham but his family are from Ireland.

It's a tough stance to decide which you would play for, I suspect he can see greater things from playing for England but he decided to play for Ireland at Under 21's level and this could very well be what he ends up choosing.

I doubt the offer of flights would make much difference.

Jack doesn't need the lifetime offer, I am sure he can afford more than a budget airline.

With Ireland having a limited talent pool then the birth place is irrelevant. I am born and bred Notts, but with family in Ireland and visiting different parts of the country more regularly as I've got older, I regard myself more Irish than English. I fly the Irish flag when we (unfortunately not enough) make it to big tournaments etc... It all depends on the influence of the family and how he has been raised. The under 21s give a pretty big signal there imo.

The intro to the cheap flights song (not seen on the you clip clip above) starts with Dillys saying "my parents are Irish so I'm Irish. Liza's married to an Irishman so she's Irish and Adele has been to Liverpool 3 times so she's Irish too!"

With Ireland having a limited talent pool then the birth place is irrelevant. I am born and bred Notts, but with family in Ireland and visiting different parts of the country more regularly as I've got older, I regard myself more Irish than English. I fly the Irish flag when we (unfortunately not enough) make it to big tournaments etc... It all depends on the influence of the family and how he has been raised. The under 21s give a pretty big signal there imo.

The intro to the cheap flights song (not seen on the you clip clip above) starts with Dillys saying "my parents are Irish so I'm Irish. Liza's married to an Irishman so she's Irish and Adele has been to Liverpool 3 times so she's Irish too!"

Haha!! Fair play to you.

I now invision you as a small, snake like dwarf who runs around waving a Irish flag! If someone tall approaches me on Saturday, can I say sorry now? ;)

Supporter+

I won't be begging him to play for Ireland. If he wants to, great, if not, good luck. Plenty of players happy to wear the jersey.

Haha!! Fair play to you.

I now invision you as a small, snake like dwarf who runs around waving a Irish flag! If someone tall approaches me on Saturday, can I say sorry now? ;)

I am over 6 ft remember. Unfortunately the wife is having her hand operatored on on Sat. Time of op...3pm. So Ill be waiting for her like the dutiful husband. ( with a sneaky headphone in one ear)

I am over 6 ft remember. Unfortunately the wife is having her hand operatored on on Sat. Time of op...3pm. So Ill be waiting for her like the dutiful husband. ( with a sneaky headphone in one ear)

I do, hence why I said "if someone tall approaches me". :angel::twitch:

Hope the operation goes as planned mate, all the best to your wife.

I hope it goes well too. I'm on chief childminder duty for the next few weeks while her hand recovers. I've got to do most of the work while she directs me! I can see a stressful few weeks on the horizon. You know how women are. Nothing is the same as how they would have done it, but I can't say we'll do it yourself this time. Good job were going to Skeg for half term. We will all need the break!!!

First 7am-6pm days on the horizon since I quit teaching. ( I can normally sneek an extra hours kip somewhere.) I can see me being seriously knackered!

Archived