FA Cup First Round Draw

weymouthPIE

first round proper is drawn live on BBC 2 at 7pm tonight. Notts are ball number 29.

What does everyone want?

Obviously most people will want a home tie. Apologies to the rest of you, but from a purely selfish point of view I'd love a southern away tie against someone like Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol Rovers, or Eastleigh. One of the london clubs would be good for me too. I just can't be bothered to wait until January to see us :P

Saying nothing for Weymouth for fear of jinxing tomorrow night's replay...

Burton Albion would be a decent tie but I am hopeful that whoever we get will be at home.

I'd like a small local team, with no disrespect to Burton. A side which will see us progress, as it would be nice to reach the fifth round. If we can get some nearby teams, it will be good for. Local derby cup games are quite special.

Bring on whoever we get!

Supporter+

Mansfield at home would be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporter+

Yea but forest are not going to get to the 2nd round

Forest won't be in the draw till 3rd round.

Supporter+

Accrington at home that'll do.

Thankful its not at their ground, I am not a fan of it.

Always good to start off at home, if we can get a good crowd down I can see us progressing through to the 3rd round without complications. At which stage I will take any side that comes from the league above ours!

Can't grumble with that, winnable home tie. Game will likely be played on either the Friday night or the Sunday as the other lot are at home to Norwich on the Saturday.

Weymouth or Braintree at home to Chesterfield. Tomorrow night's replay in Essex will be a bitter fight to the death now

Just a quick update for those who may have been interested - my local lot Weymouth put in a quite heroic performance in Essex on Tuesday night, but sadly they finally bowed out after a 5-3 defeat in extra time. We trailed 2-0 early in the second half, and went 3-1 down on 71 minutes, but within 5 minutes we'd got it back to 3-3. Incredible scenes, and celebrations that will live long in the memory. Of course in extra time our lads were dead on their feet, and superior fitness was all that won Braintree the match. A fantastic night, a brilliant game and performance. Well worth the 13 hour round trip!

Here's a link to a piece I wrote on the game: http://www.dorseteye.com/south/articles/heroic-terras-finally-bow-out

Supporter+

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/2014/oct/first-round-live-television-games-confirmed

I don't have BT Sports so I'll have to make do with the Warrington Town game. Should be interesting. On paper a shock looks possible but Exeter won't be beat IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...
Supporter+

Cracking game. Pitch is terrible. I wouldn't fancy a trip to Warrington Town in the next round to be honest.

Supporter+

Fabulous win for Warrington. Exeter probably deserved a draw but that's the Cup for you.

Archived