Big mistake imo

Alan Johnson Won't Run For Labour Leader

The former Home Secretary says he will not challenge Ed Miliband, who insists there is no crisis over his leadership.

21:02, UK,Monday 10 November 2014

milband-johnson-1-762x428.jpg

Alan Johnson says he won't fight for the Labour leadership

Labour MP Alan Johnson has ruled himself out of any bid for the leadership of the Labour Party.

The former Home Secretary used a column in The Guardian to explain why he would not challenge under-fire Ed Miliband.

"I have never stood for the leadership of my party - and for the avoidance of doubt, regardless of the circumstances, I never will," he wrote.

"Ed Miliband is entitled to expect our loyalty.

"I believe that he is the only party leader who can promise real and lasting change, rather than a return to business as usual. He is the only political leader who can stop a retreat from the consensus of decency that has traditionally characterised Britain’s role in the world."

Oh Dear. Not sure Ed is up to the job. In fact I don't think I ever was. Another stint for David C then...

Supporter+

I don't think this is right time for the Labour Party to be having a debate about the leadership, the Tories must be overjoyed.

i feel ed is not right for the job, i dont trust him and he makes me feel more nervous than david cameron. i really think they should elect a new leader, someone who mature and experienced. i think its a bad move by all the parties to name younger heads as their leaders, if someone is good and can do the job their age will not matter.

Archived