David Moyes

PTID1862

I always liked him, just because of how long he stayed at Everton and how well he did with the funds at his disposal.  I think given more time he could have gotten better at United, but I'm not sure he would have been used to working with so many "divas".

Good luck to the man I say.

I always liked him, just because of how long he stayed at Everton and how well he did with the funds at his disposal.  I think given more time he could have gotten better at United, but I'm not sure he would have been used to working with so many "divas".

Good luck to the man I say.

Agreed. Unless the manager is 'profile' himself then I'm not so sure it works with the biggest clubs. Good manager who knows his tactics, but also now knows his limitations.

No one can questions he's a very good manager and always difficult to go back into the English game, I suspect that he might have had interest from teams where he didn't fancy the challenge based on money and other difficulties. That's the modern game for you but to consider he's got no experience a way from the UK it seems risky for me.

I mean I think he'll do alright, we might even see him sign some quality English players.

He knows talent but if he struggles with communication and other aspects, then I see this being a black mark. I personally would have dropped down a league but it's a brave move and I wish him well.

I will always say that he should not have been sacked by United. Are ya listening @cotton13 @SteveMUP

• 2 weeks later...

If you ask most Everton fans now of their opinion of Moyes they will never put him down but by the same token they now go into games expecting a win not expecting to play for a draw and to hopefully nick one on the counter attack.

Will be interesting how it turns out for him, I reckon he'll do ok given the limitations of the club financially

Supporter+

It's a difficult job. He will have his work cut out for him. I wish him all the best, he seems to be a nice guy. He was treated very badly by Man Utd. 

Archived