Accrington Stanley vs Notts County (Replay)

Chris

Here we go again folks, a very important game which in my opinion we should be making sure we secure our place in to the 2nd round. It would be nice to get that home game against Yeovil!

Accrington's form at home seems to be questionable and no doubt we seem to be better on the road right now.

However having them lineup against us here at Meadow Lane, I am expecting them to be no push overs. I do feel we can secure victory, which I have a feeling will end 2-0. Yet it won't be an easy 2-0, it will be a solid performance where our lads do us proud. I think Noble and Thompson will get us the goals.

It's the first round replay, let us know your thoughts. Discuss folks!

Ooo.. What predictions will you go for?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While frustrated we didn't get this job done in the first game, I still think we can get ourselves through to the second round.

We will need to be patient, Accrington showed (as we thought) that they are no fools, and limited us in the first game.

Set up right, and if we keep our concentration at the back, I think we can nick one or two, so would go with the 2-0.

The danger being if we are sloppy or clumsy at the back, we need to get back to basics there in order to demonstrate again, why we have the best defensive record in our division.

COYP

Supporter+

A very important game as you say @notts-joe we need the extra income a cup run will give. I think (hope) it will be a different game, Stanley are at home and their fans will be expecting them to attack at every opportunity, hopefully we can catch them on the break and score one or a couple even.

I'll go for 1-0 super sub Harrard.

we just need to go in and stop them like they did to us.

if we go in to the game injecting pace and mix things up, they will struggle to keep up and i do feel we will win. it might not be easy but its for us to take the game to sides rather than them to us.

think notts could get 4 myself!

so 4-1.

Would anyone give Spiess the nod here?

I would consider giving Carroll the rest, perhaps throwing some other fresh faces might bring the best out? If I was Derry I would consider ways of getting energy into the squad. I see them struggling if we stay grounded! 3-0 is score prediction.

Supporter+

If we approach the game like we did at home, we will be beat. That was a woeful performance. We should be going there to win. SD and Greg need to make sure that the players understand the importance of this fixture. We have a real chance of making the 3rd round and all the benefits that will bring. I demand a professional approach tonight. 

I would play our strongest squad where ever possible.

They have proved they can stop sides and create chances, on another day they could have punished us. I stick with Roy is he is able to play, throw some others in to replace tired legs but I hope Derry does not make many changes.

I think we will win the replay, no prediction from me.

If we can string a few good performances in time to meet the blades, I think we can get some very respectable results.

Yeovil is one I am looking forward to.

Tonight's game should be all about business, the lads should not see this as a pressured game. they should relax and take it as it comes, cup games are always hard to get into and are naturally edgy. If we play well, we should win. If by some chance we lose, than it will because our opposition did well. I do not see them winning, I firmly think we will.

Get another one and knock the stuffing out of them!

Archived