Notts County vs Yeovil Town

Chris

I've read some comments which have concerned me about how some of our fans view Yeovil, they've earned their right to play in this league and I do not feel for a second that they're punching above their weight. They are a very good side on their day, I fully expect them to turn it around and progress back towards mid table.

Adjusting back to League One isn't easy, Bristol City, Coventry, Barnsley and so many others have struggled to adapt.

It's an hard league! The problem Yeovil are having is scoring, they made a mistake by selling Paddy Madden. Jordy Hiwula isn't a bad player, he's on loan from Manchester City and can be a tricky player - Liam Davis, Joel Grant, Kevin Dawson, and Sam Foley are players who I'd make Notts aware of for starters.

If Notts play to the way we know they can do, I don't see Yeovil being much of a problem but they will play similar to how Accrington did. Physical, playing to their strengths and not allowing the ball settle.

Key players for us will be our wide men, Yeovil's defence is the weakest area but they have a decent keeper in Artur Krysiak. Our strikers will need to make runs which will draw Yeovil's defence to follow, which I see allowing our midfield into the game. I expect players like Gary Jones, Liam Noble (whoever plays CM) to get the chances to score.

It's about time we stuffed Yeovil and if we play our cards right, I could see us scoring 3.

That probably won't happen though.

What formation would you play? Are Yeovil punching above their weight? Score predictions? Thoughts?

Yeovil are where they are for a reason, they were relegated from the Championship, so I would hardly call struggling at the foot of league one punching above their weight. They are taking time to adapt to a different league, others have this hang up, others plummet like a stone, I expect Yeovil to stay in this league.

The team I would play: 4-1-3-2

Carroll         Dumbaya McKenzie Hollis Cranston        Jones      Ishmail Noble McLaughlin        Thompson Harrad

Now I have put that in, I hope they are all fit and available.

I don't think this is going to be the walk over the table suggests, Yeovil will wake up sooner or later, defensively they struggle, but you have to think that if they can get a bit of luck, then their position could change... I would say it is purely a confidence thing, they are where we were prior to SD's arrival.

To continue the dream, and our march towards the promised land of milk and honey... Notts 3 (Thompson, O.G, McLaughlin) Yeovil 0 

Supporter+

I think they are in a sort of transitional period having been relegated last season, I think they are good enough to stay in this league but I hope we are good enough to see them off 2-0 Jones, Cassidy.

Supporter+

Yeovil are a poor side. The table doesn't lie. They can't score and they can't defend. I doubt they can remember the last time they won in the league. 

We haven't played well for the last 5 games which is the only worry.

2-0. Murray and Thompson. 

This could be the performance which installs that belief we need to see in order to play how the lads know they can.

I think the game will be good and if we prepare ourselves defensively, we should keep them quiet. Poor side but they have quality, for me they will pull back out and I'd rather it not be again us.

C'mon you pies!

The Match Officials

d22414e078c26757cc6e79cdf901fce6.png

yeovil might not be doing well but poor teams can punish us.

i actually think we do better against sides we expect not to win, where we tend to struggle against those we consider to be easy. i do think we have enough quality to bounce back, the wingers will be vital and i agree that we should just use the sides. I see us winning, i will say.

2-1 notts.

I have to be clear being bottom does not mean the game will be easy.

If notts expect that they might as well not show up, yeovil will want to cause an upset and they will want to get back out of the relegation zone. Team see beating sides in good positions or runs as a good way in which to do so.

Thank god they dont have that irish lad, the other year he ripped us apart!

3-2 Notts win is my prediction. Just over 5,500 in attendance 

Notts County vs Yeovil Town

matchthreadfullncvyt.png
Saturday 22nd November 2014
Kick Off - 3:00pm
League One

Meadow Lane

Match Officials
Ref: Stuart Attwell
Assistant(s): Akil Howson and Jason Tyas
Fourth Official: Richard Wigglesworth

Formbook - Last 6 Games
Notts County: WWWWLW
Goals Scored: 12
Goals Conceded: 7

Yeovil Town: LDLLDL
Goals Scored: 2
Goals Conceded: 11

Last Time We Met
Monday 1st April 2013

Notts County 1-2 Yeovil Town
Goal Scorer(s) - Madden (45 min) Judge (49 min) and Dolan (52 min).

Notts County: Spiess, Kelly, Sheehan, Leacock, Bishop, Liddle, Judge, Campbell-Ryce, Boucaud, Showunmi, Arquin.
Used Subs: Hughes (46), Waite (65) and Zoko (77).

Yeovil Town: Stech, Ayling, Webster, Burn, Edwards, Upson, Dawson, Dolan, Hayter, Madden, Balanta
Used Subs: Foley (70), Ralph (77) and Hinds (86).

The Match Officials » - Scout Report » - Stat Attack »

I am hopeful we can maintain our new streak, our home form could do with a boost and a comfortable win would help.

Yeovil have me concerned because they do play well.

If we can start brightly, i think the game will end that way. just score as quickly as possible and press for another without leaving ourselves open at the back. if we can avoid that and score, jobs a good one.

I'm setting off now, I have to be down nice and early to get on with my busy match day.

Anyone reading my comment please look here - Link :thumbsup:

I am still very excited and I think we will bounce back with a solid performance, I hope the crowd are vocal today and even if the game is slow I will be trying to start up "I had a wheelbarrow" and all the other fine chants. Let's get this going! COME ON YOU PIES!!!

Good luck,Notts.

So so so frustrated... I want to see the highlights again, listening to everyone Stuart Atwell is a buffoon who has ruined a game of football, totally lost control of the game, and I think it is a good job half time came when it did, or the match could have erupted there and then.

So it sounded like the goals were deserved free headers, we need to get a grip on the defending. But you have to give them credit for battling away for so long and getting very little change out of the man in the middle.

Just some thoughts from listening to the game, but I bow to those who were there.

We are still in the mix, although a little further behind the top.

I don't blame Notts.

I think we played well for what we could have. I also hate blaming referees but Stuart Attwell was very poor.

No control of the game.

No idea about the sending off but I would say it was harsh.

They made some shocking challenges and decide to try to cause issues after the game. Several players lashing out at our lads who appeared to have done nothing.

One lashed out at Derry.

Football wasn't enjoyable for the fact the ref in my honest opinion ruined it. Notts was unlucky, we didn't deserve to lose but it happens.

Proud, honestly. Notts handled it well.

Archived