Winding Up Order

What's the truth with the reports.If Notts are up to date with all payments why the need for a court order.Something funny(not laughing)here.

Statement from the club - http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/hmrc-petition-dismissed-650334.aspx

Think HMRC are desperate to do A football club over somewhere just to make a bit of a statement. Thankfully it dosen't lool like that club will be us. It's great to know our club's in the safe hands of the Trews. Ray seems pretty angry about the whole affair, and I hope he does whoever put the petition forward over himself. It's pottentially quite damaging for the reputation of the club with other businesses who might think twice about doing business with us if someone has put in a winding up petiton, weather it was dismissed or not. Thankfully the judge dismissed this within seconds.

Hopefully we're able to recover all the costs incurred in having to defend ourselves and can move on :)

Dismissed in 10 seconds!So why all the haste.I thought a certain period of time was given for payment before proceedings are taken.An apology and explanation from HMRC would be nice.

Supporter+

We don't know all the circumstances of what happened but if it was a mistake by HMRC no wonder Ray was absolutely livid, it can't do the clubs reputation any good when people read about it.

Certainly an explanation and apology is required but they also ought to get some form of compensation.

Still not any wiser ,really.

Supporter+

That was an interesting article Joe thanks, it all seems very strange indeed. It does appear as if the club is suffering from cash flow problems and it's not surprising the number of postponements they have had recently and late ones at that, which means that programmes have been printed, catering has been ordered etc., and players and staff still have to be paid even though there is very little money coming in.

Who'd want to own a football club eh?

That was an interesting article Joe thanks, it all seems very strange indeed. It does appear as if the club is suffering from cash flow problems and it's not surprising the number of postponements they have had recently and late ones at that, which means that programmes have been printed, catering has been ordered etc., and players and staff still have to be paid even though there is very little money coming in.

Who'd want to own a football club eh?

Yes exactly, Mr Trews financial skills are so important here.

I doubt we'll see much mentioned about this now, especially if the club do try to regain some of cost due to this but I hope this isn't a case of throwing more money in order to gain a small fee. :)

A light night surfing spell found this article.

I literally keep hearing 'Oh dear what can the matter be'. It takes many forms of twists and turns, if we paid it late and they decided to throw a wobbly then it just seems all the more petty. I can't believe how the bottom comes across which probably seems picky but I really dislike it!

However, he then wrote in his matchday programme notes on January 19 ahead of the game with Sheffield United that 'Notts County are not in the midst of a financial crisis' in an attempt to reassure supporters.

I'm sorry, If I can't pay my mortgage for one month but tell my children 'Don't worry we'll pay it when we can' It's hardly a bad thing and the above reads like it is at least to me. Quoting the 'Notts County' line and adding 'attempt'. Surely if they insist on doing so it could be worded more appropriately? 

Archived