So Russell Brand then...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Not something I normally do either @tonyhateley, but after spending the first part of my career in Bilsthorpe I saw first hand what her policies did to the village. Seeing men who had worked down the pits all their lives now reduced to a crying mess was not fun. Unemployment ran at nearly 85% at one point for the village. That added to my own political beliefs made for a rewarding pint of Guinness.

I can understand that and I know the misery she caused to a lot of families and working people, I myself was thrown out of work as a direct result of her policies, I hated her with a passion but I didn't agree with the people who held parties etc., when she died.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

A big majority feel similar. Unfortunately I got to see the knock on effects as well. I saw more child battery and wife battery cases in my years there due to inability to deal with the crushing blow ( no excuse by the way. I spent most of my time with the police and social services because any man women or child that resorts to violence needs to face the consequences imo even though we were asked to stop reporting at one stage due to the volume and lack of understanding on our part!!!!!) than I did in the next 17 years of my career, even though I moved to a 'tougher' inner city school with the worst deprivation level outside the London boroughs.

Never went to parties after her death and can't say I agree with them, but understand the sentiment and that pint did taste good!

Anyway we digress, Russell Brand is still a Warwick and Notts were rubbish at the weekend. Roll on Preston and Wembley.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Anyway we digress, Russell Brand is still a Warwick

Don't you just love predictive text :biggrin:

I guess your phone needs to learn wassock.

Don't you just love predictive text :biggrin:

I guess your phone needs to learn wassock.

wassock is not in the kindles dictionary. In fact the kindles predictive text is rubbish! Its forever putting full stops all over the place and correcting words which don't need it and leaving the ones that do!

Archived