Another one bites the dust

PTID1862

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30359229

Seriously, what the hell do some Chairmen want...any club can become a giant kill victim...

They seemed to have started to get some consistency in play if not results in the league and showed at least some signs of being able to survive.... so the manager spoke his mind ... if it was diabolical then why not say so...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of course the LMA will be outraged... but in this instance I think they may be justified, hell since October... he might only just be getting his message across... and he certainly wont have had anytime to make and real changes to the playing staff.

Supporter+

I must admit I feared for him after last nights result but Hartlepool played some good stuff and were unlucky on the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bottom of the league out of the cup, i think its written on the wall that he would be under pressure.

right time for a new manager to have a go, what with the transfer window coming up. does not seem harsh to me, hes done quite poor looking at their results.

Supporter+

Him at West Ham, shows what can happen if you actually keep the manager...

Absolutely, Pardew at Newcastle is another example, fans were baying for his blood not long ago now look where they are.

Supporter+

Adkins was always on the cards after they lost 6-1 at the weekend to Birmingham.

Supporter+

Agree, Rogers next???

It wouldn't surprise me I think his position is very precarious (that's a big word for this time in the morning):biggrin:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/22/sami-hyypia-resigns-brighton-manager

No surprise really.I expect a spate of dismissals/resignations after the next round of the FA cup

Supporter+

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/22/sami-hyypia-resigns-brighton-manager

No surprise really.I expect a spate of dismissals/resignations after the next round of the FA cup

Hyppia had to go really. Brighton have struggled with his system of play and he wasn't changing it. Their build up was slow and teams knew what to expect. They weren't scoring enough goals. With the right manager, they will make their way up the table. Darren Bent is a great signing for them. 

As long as SD isn't one of them!

If the time came do you think both would go or do you see Greg as our manager too?

If he continues to overachieve with us and lands a job in a higher division, I'd expect him to take Greg Abbot with him. But hopefully we'll keep the team together for a while yet.

I can't see Derry going to just any side, certainly not Brighton but I guess they would welcome him and greg (Mr and Mrs). :lol:

In all seriousness I think it will be obvious when SD will want to leave.

I sort of have a feeling he will reject a couple of offers then move to somewhere that he had rejected before, it could very well be QPR. That said I hope for at least 2-3 seasons of him being fully in charge because he is changing things.

Supporter+

Neil Warnock sacked by Palace. 1 win in 12 I think it is. Timing makes sense. New man in and some money to spend in January.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/27/john-gregory-crawley-heart-surgery

Not a sacking this time.Hope the operation goes well.

Supporter+

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/27/john-gregory-crawley-heart-surgery

Not a sacking this time.Hope the operation goes well.

Me too @super_ram, it must be a really stressful business being a football manager, it's bad enough being a fan sometimes. I'm surprised more managers don't have heart trouble.

Supporter+

Is the unemployment office open tomorrow? One Mr Pearce may well require their services....

Brum 0-Rams 4,2 days later -That lot 1 - Brum 3.Very surprised at this result.Agree with @Dripsey3.

Archived