Notts County V Bury

super_ram

Tomorrow night (friday)Notts play Bury who are stuck in the rlelagation zone.It should be a chance for Notts to pick up 3 valuable points and if they can put in a good performance in front of the Sky cameras it may encourage some stayaway fans to return to Meadow Lane.If Notts do win it will keep them in contention for a play off spot and put pressure on the other teams near the top. I hope to be attending.what will be my first competitive Notts match since Notts played Man Utd in the old first division all those years ago so they had better play well!!!

Supporter+

Hi Super Ram

I hope you manage to get to the game and enjoy it. I am hoping with the special offers there will be a bigger than average crowd so should be a good atmosphere. As you say with Bury being near the bottom you would expect Notts to pick up 3 points from this one so fingers crossed.

I remember taking one of my sons to a Man Utd game at Meadow Lane, he was about 8 at the time and a big Man Utd fan, if my memory serves me right and we are talking about the same game we drew 1-1 with a Tommy Johnson penalty. My son later became a Notts fan and had a season ticket for a while but sadly when he married and had a family he had more pressing commitments and his interest wained.

Sorry,Tony,Notts lost 3-1, think about 1982.

Supporter+

What a game that was, the second half in particular. It was great to see the players playing with confidence and attacking with pace. My MoM was Cambell Ryce he put in some great crosses and is incredibly pacey.

I picked up my signed photo of Bish before the game, thanks Joe and Cheeky, must have brought us luck I'll have to take it to the next game. Lol.

Supporter+

Yes you would think it would boost his chances of getting it at least until the end of the season.

It was amazing!

We need to play in both halves, I don't think we would struggle as much. First half I wondered why I bothered turning up but some of that was due to feeling sorry for myself. Enjoy the game with Super Ram! Kids want him to go again but we'll see. How fast was our attacks when we scored? Now why don't we look to break that a little more frequently? Kop, what a great place to sit and 2pies cheered me up when he popped down to say hello.

I'd like to type a bit more but I'm struggling now, hard to think a knee can have so much control over you.

644196_10151345470487983_196831493_n.jpg

Supporter+

Great picture, nice to put names to faces, you never know Super Ram might change allegiance and become Super Pie!

It's good to see the kids going down the lane, I'm looking forward to taking my grandson but he's only 4 so I think maybe a bit young yet, especially for a night match, he's in bed for 7. Lol.

Sorry to hear about your knee here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Well I managed to get to the match in the end ,Along with  Notts Joe on crutches(dislocated knee and in a lot of pain)and Jake and Ellie.After collecting my ticket from (very much appreciated)Jurgen and having a brief chat with hjm we dropped off some raffle prizes at the sports shop.We then went to find our seat at the front of the Kop with about 45 mins to kick off.I then went to get a programme and on returning was introduced to 2pies who had come down from his seat to chat.Nice to meet 2pies,Jake often mentions you.Well, to the game.The match began in freezing conditions and my hopes that I would forget the cold were dashed as Notts seemed unable to get going.There was no lack of effort but they seemed to be playing too square which was inviting Bury to come forward.There was very little to get excited about as the game was played mostly in the middle of the pitch.I wasn't impressed with Bury and Notts weren't much better.Then disaster, Bury score after a defensive blunder,here we go again I thought.To be quite honest I was glad when Jake asked me to take him to the toilet(a chance to warm up a bit)and (don't you just love kids)when we got back to our seats Ellie decided she wanted the toilet too,Grrr.So with half time looming I then went to get some hot refreshments and although enjoying the atmosphere was thinking more about getting home to a warm fire.So to the second half and with Notts attacking our end things suddenly looked  much better .There was a lot more urgency in Notts play and running off the ball with players making themselves available.They began passing FORWARD and using the width of the pitch more.THIS IS MUCH MORE LIKE IT.Now it seemed just a matter of time before Notts equalised with Bury beginning to panic and putting in some desparate challenges.Then at last- GOAL- an equaliser. Will Notts continue their almost total dominance.Yes they will.With the ground suddenly coming alive and the cold weather forgotten Notts turned on the style and  playing some lovely football,Switching the focus of attack and moving the ball around with lots of off the ball movement. I'm really enjoying it now .Soon Notts had another 3 goals and I find myself  wanting the game to keep on going but the half ended in what seemed to me to be about 5 minutes .So have Notts 'turned the corner'.I don't know but if they play like they did for most of the second half I see no reason why they can't still have a successful final part of season Thanks to all involved,nice to meet some lovely people and special thanks to Joe,Jake and Ellie.

No chance Tony.The Rams will always be number one for me whatever happens but Notts have always been dear to my heart( along with AlfretonTown)even before I started working (in the 60's)with a die hard Notts fan and before I met my wife ,who's father(Nottsjoe's grandfather) was also a lifelong Notts fanatic.

Hope you're feeling better soon Liam,sorry you missed a great 2nd half performance.

Seemed like a good game, the 2nd half was very good.. big improvement on the 1st half.

Great score and great that they got back into it.

Some very nice photos of the match and fans too.

I was at my mother in laws for this game as it wouldn't be a good idea to take our 18 month old daughter to the kop.

3 points :)

Archived