Oldham Athletic vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I hope to remind Derry you can't go from having the best defence in the league to having one (if not) the worst.

The panic of relegation isn't on my mind but I do wonder how 'much' that 'chat' he was supposed to have with the players played apart in this result, he needs to face up to the mistakes he makes and quit unsettling the side. Find a formation and team, stick with it! Quite clearly we have confident issues. (excuse my snappy response here, I feel very unwell) Though I am tired of excuses and losing to Oldham isn't the end of the world but by 3 goals and all the comments I've seen, it's time we faced up to it.

WE NEED DEFENDERS NOT STRIKERS.

Agreed. We have lots of reserve youngsters from bigger teams. How about a couple of solid mid age pros to defend properly for a change!

The problem with the "there's always next time approach" is that the same stupid things keep happening again and again. I whole heartedly agree that losing to Oldham isn't the end of the season @notts-joe, but we do keep coming out with the same comment quite regularly now.

For him to be talking of the play offs still is a little silly. Is he watching a different 90 mins to us?

I applauded his boldness in changing the team the way I would have, but the defence needs to be sorted. Agreed when the keeping same team to aid consistency, just without Hollis and a faster Mullins would be good.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

perhaps he is hoping for the kevin Keegan style to rub off, "it doesn't matter that we are excrement at defending, cos we are going to try and out score you"

If he is, it ain't working.....

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Find a formation and team, stick with it! 

This has been my issue all season, there are certain players that seem to be untouchable, no matter how you look at Haydn Hollis he is Conference level and has been his whole career, can somebody tell me what Taylor McKenzie has done wrong in the games he has played because for me he is our best centre half. 

He (Haydn Hollis) has no positional sense, looks like a giraffe at a water hole when an opposing player is running at him and has a twenty pence for a head.

With regard to the forwards why oh why now that we have another Jimmy Spencer type player is Ronan Murray not on the pitch??

With two wide players we need a central midfielder who can pass the ball, yet again where is the only one in our squad (Nicky Wroe)?? Probably on the golf course wondering exactly the same thing.

Obviously for us as fans these decisions are easy but I feel that SD is following the Neil Warnock style of sign every available forward going irrelevant of quality in the vain hope that one scores a goal

Archived