Notts County V Leyton Orient

super_ram

Tomorrow,Wed 6/3/13 Notts entertain Leyton Orient who are  just one place and two points lower down the table.It is therefore vitally important for Notts to put in a good show and get another 3 points to keep  above Orient and try to close the gap towards a playoff place.It may be necessary to'grind' out a result but whatever COME ON NOTTS.Meanwhile I'm watching Man U on tv and listening to Rams away at table topping Cardiff.We need some points as we are in danger of being dragged into the relegation battle.

Will be in the family stand, a little disappointed that Super Ram can't make it but glad Joe as said he's open to it. We'll be in the family stand, so it's going to be another change but I have done in the past. Ava will no doubt be wondering what's going on, she hasn't been for awhile but I bet she'll love it none the less. I'm not sure what to make of this, I think Leyton can be pretty poor and we have found some form.

If we can get more involved early on and attempt to overpower them, then this shouldn't be all that hard. Score?

2-0 to us.

Supporter+

I'll take another 1-0 scrappy win. I hope it isn't though, when we are 1-0 and the opposition are throwing everything at us in the last ten minutes it's not good for my health.

I'll take another 1-0 scrappy win. I hope it isn't though, when we are 1-0 and the opposition are throwing everything at us in the last ten minutes it's not good for my health.

What are you like with penalties Tony? I block my view if it's a player I'm unsure about.

I can't guess the score, Cofie needs another goal! How is he doing?

Tomorrow,Wed 6/3/13 Notts entertain Leyton Orient who are  just one place and two points lower down the table.It is therefore vitally important for Notts to put in a good show and get another 3 points to keep  above Orient and try to close the gap towards a playoff place.It may be necessary to'grind' out a result but whatever COME ON NOTTS.Meanwhile I'm watching Man U on tv and listening to Rams away at table topping Cardiff.We need some points as we are in danger of being dragged into the relegation battle.

You Almost got your win if it wasn't for the 85th? minute goal. Notts cannot afford to waste any chances now, narrow win possibly?

Cofie needs another goal! How is he doing?

Cofie is your man!

I personally would say he's doing okay, he works at it and if he was given a more direct root and some service (which is along the floor) I think he'd be able to pick up the ball and run a little more, he's had some quiet games but doing okay.

His loan spells runs out soon, I'd personally keep him.

Need to make use of having alternative options, although I would love to know what happened to Krystian Pearce. He seems to of disappeared!!

I don't usually build games up as 'do or die' but this is a massive game for us. I know there's still a lot of football to be played but anything less than a win, I would say our play-off chances are finished. And I'm not being negative when I say that, just being honest looking at the remaining fixtures etc..

I dont care how we do it, weather it's the performance of the season or the scrappiest 1-0 win of the season, as long as we win I don't mind. For the moment, the play-off race is far from over, and with the sides up there continuing to slip up, we MUST take advantage and keep closing that gap. COME ON YOU PIES

I'll echo above. This is a massive game. Orient are a bit of hit and miss. If they are on their day, then it could be a tough game. But anything below par and I think we will take them to the cleaners.

3 points will take us to 5 off the playoffs and 10 from top of the league. Its not over yet!

Definitely a must win game for a play off chance. We need to get the ball forward much quicker than we have been doing and create more chances. I would like to see Boucaud going forward more instead of passing square or back. He proved he's got a great shot on him when he rattled the crossbar from distance. COYP

I'll echo above. This is a massive game. Orient are a bit of hit and miss. If they are on their day, then it could be a tough game. But anything below par and I think we will take them to the cleaners.

3 points will take us to 5 off the playoffs and 10 from top of the league. Its not over yet!

i agree, i think notts will take all the points tonight and 5 off the play offs would be good going. you pies

So Colin Slater says he'll be glad for half time ,so Notts can regroup when up pops Bishop.1-0 and the boos suddenly change to cheers'.Funny old game!

Penalty given away and o's are level.Notts still not at their best despite half time changes.2points lost.7points away from playoff.Not over yet but games are running out

I find it hard after that to be my usual self, I'm just unimpressed and we lack, it's woeful. The goal came out of nowhere, nicely worked and possibly the only thing I can say which wouldn't come across as 'negative'. I feel we need to get back to training, our chances was never going to put us back ahead and I know this easy to say now but our finishing wasn't the class it needs to be in order to win games.

The club will address this, the candle for play-offs isn't blown out but the hope i going.

Maybe we'll play better once the pressure is truly off? I'm looking forward to next season, I won't write this one off so easily but I think moving forward does need to take place. We simply don't learn our lessons, hopefully we won't see a repeat of the penalty however!!

Supporter+

Very disappointing, we had a great chance to close the gap and we blew it. The first half was abysmal apart from the goal there was too much passing back and sideways. their players were given all the time on the world to build up an attack with no one challenging them until they were half way in our half. The second half was better and we were actually closing down like we should and had it not been for a silly challenge in the area we'd have got a scrappy 1-0 win.

I feel we've got too much to do now to get to the play offs so the season is probably over.

Joe - I did see someone on crutches but as he was probably in his 50s I decided not to run up and fling my arms around him. :-)

Joe - I did see someone on crutches but as he was probably in his 50s I decided not to run up and fling my arms around him. :-)

I've aged since I started using them Tony ;)

Quite a few last night to be fair, I had my PoN t-shirt on when finally seated. It gets quite a bit of attention, something I don't always like but I've chosen this path. Joe Jones chipped in too, was a fun night but ended strangely. Shame we didn't pick up the result we ideally needed.

Midtable for us this season, I suppose we can hardly complain. If we went into the Championship with this squad, with our budget, we'd NEVER survive. It's there for all to see that we're lacking that cutting edge up front, and to some extent a lack of effort I think, but those prolific strikers don't grow on trees and those that are out there are probably miles out of our budget.

Season over I'd say, but still looking forward to Crawley, should be a good day

My thoughts have been already summed up by others, I left a little let down, any long distance travelling fan would but all must feel very similar. The penalty was the point when all seemed doomed, lucky to some extents that they did not punish us further.

Anyone going Cawley?

Midtable for us this season, I suppose we can hardly complain. If we went into the Championship with this squad, with our budget, we'd NEVER survive. It's there for all to see that we're lacking that cutting edge up front, and to some extent a lack of effort I think, but those prolific strikers don't grow on trees and those that are out there are probably miles out of our budget.

Season over I'd say, but still looking forward to Crawley, should be a good day

keep going! go to Crawley and grab 3 points, then go back to Meadow Lane and get three more points! budgets don't mean completive football fails, it just means Notts need to be a little more realistic.   

My thoughts have been already summed up by others, I left a little let down, any long distance travelling fan would but all must feel very similar. The penalty was the point when all seemed doomed, lucky to some extents that they did not punish us further. Anyone going Cawley?

i understand this! i just feel you guys have come along way, it isn't the time to get down. a draw is better than losing all 3 points, it might be over now but you still have a chance. good luck Notts!

Dont get me wrong, I'm far from being completely downhearted by it all. I get pretty annoyed by people who lose all faith because we aren't making the play-offs.If you had told me at the end of the 2008-09 season that in 5 years time you'll be pushing for a league 1 play-off spot, I would have laughed at you. We've come a long way in a short space of time. At present we're not quite ready to take that extra step, but come next season that could soon change!

Archived