• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

What do you think of this, good thing or bad thing? Taken from ITN News:

19 February 2015 at 3:57pm

Burger King trials home delivery

Burger King is trialling a home delivery service in Yorkshire, Essex, Cornwall, Lincolnshire and London in a move that has seen those lucky enough to receive the service celebrating their good fortune.

Social media lit up at news of the three-month trial, despite it only taking place from eight restaurants in Northampton, Romford, Truro, Hornchurch, Gants Hill, Hull, Skegness and Hayes.

Those keen on having a Whopper and fries delivered direct to their front door can enter their postcode on the dedicated Burger King Delivery website to find out if they are eligible.

However the company said the trial was a test of the service ahead of a national roll-out later in the year.

Matthew Bresnahan, marketing director of Burger King for Northern Europe, Russia and Africa, said: "Burger King is firmly committed to delivering great-tasting food at affordable prices to all of our customers.

"We are extremely excited about this Home Delivery service trial so customers can continue to enjoy the perfect combination of taste, at great value prices, now delivered straight to their homes."

The news was met with reactions ranging from joy to despair on Twitter.

@GreyMCMLXXIX wrote: "Burger King now deliver. What a momentous day this is," while @hpd1998 added: "Burger King start to deliver in the UK, the beginning of a new era?"

But those not eligible shared their grief, with @NotFaulty writing: "Burger King doesn't deliver to my postcode. All life is pain."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Wow. Burger King are by far the better of the two compared to the golden arches. I would actually do this if it was available, but it depends on how hot they could keep the food. Luke warm french fries are not nice!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

There are burger delivery services already in Germany. They even thought up a cool, English-sounding name for it ...

image-anzeige.jpg

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

it won't make any difference to me .I prefer proper chips to cardboard fries

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'd be so happy!

The grease burger years are fully behind them, I used to hate seeing their food or even being near to eating it. Though I have become somewhat enjoyful of their burgers. I'd be heaven if they delivered but I'm not sure my health or wife would like it!

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I must say I never go in Burger King or mcDonalds for that matter so I have no idea which is best, I agree with @super_ram I prefer proper chips.

I can't see how they would keep the burgers fresh enough to be delivered but I guess some folk won't care about that as long as they don't have to shift their fat lardy bums out of their chairs. :biggrin:

Only joking and no offence to anyone on here.

I must say I never go in Burger King or mcDonalds for that matter so I have no idea which is best, I agree with @super_ram I prefer proper chips.

I can't see how they would keep the burgers fresh enough to be delivered but I guess some folk won't care about that as long as they don't have to shift their fat lardy bums out of their chairs. :biggrin:

Only joking and no offence to anyone on here.

How do take-a-way restaurants manage? Food can be kept warm using the right equipment and unlike McDonald's, they have real burgers.

McDonald's could never cope with this, their methods of heating only keep food 'lukewarm' and the typical employee probably doesn't drive. Burger King can be very successful if this give this time and invest, KFC once tried this and it didn't work. The food arrived cold and it was scrapped, though I can't knock it because it would help people.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

We sometimes(not for a good while now) have food delivered from a chippy near Crown Island.It was excellent value and really tasty but @super_ram says it's better if he cooks the meal.I agree!

@GrannyPie - I disagree, I'd rather eat prison food. :huh:

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

They gave tried similar things over here, for examples Wendy's did and they had trouble with people paying or having delivery drivers assaulted.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

BK for me is a treat... so it is a destination to visit... home delivery nah... the only thing better on home delivery is babies... Call the midwife

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

cant subway or pizza express do this instead?

Archived