Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Seriously good film which I can highly recommend if you like your movies to have a touch of realism and gripping drama in them.

Shows all sides of the conflict in their true light reflecting the way Belfast was in 71.

I majored in the Irish Conflict and the Falls Road and the Shankill Road were definitely represented correctly in the film in so much as the feel of the place etc...but it does stretch the boundaries where he goes from one area to the next without meeting an RUC or army patrol.

From friends who lived there at the time of the troubles they've said to me this is so far the best representation of life back then. It's a film that would have been too difficult for both the UK and Ireland to accept even 20 years ago, but they do use creative license with the lack of patrols. As one older gent told me when I started getting interested in the Falls/Shankill Road divide "you couldn't even fart without a patrol looking in your direction. When things happened they were planned to happen as a lot was required to draw the patrols into decoys so what ever needed doing could be done."

I really enjoyed the film and would highly recommend it.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-BaKfl1Ms4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Starts shaky for a trailer but quickly moves into being gripping, I am not a fan of modern war/military films but this does look good.

Thanks for recommending.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

The trailer (and the film for that matter) start and finish with his background before and after he entered Belfast. Not needed in my opinion. It was never going to be a deep and meaningful! In fact it shows how good character acting can be done without over scripting. The lad only has a few main phrases to say and deals with the lack of lines really really well.

Very well placed film imo.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i cant say i would watch it, the drama of this conflict does my head in to be honest. there is one movie i do like, which shows how people fighted the army i think it was released in the 90's but i dont really like them to be honest.

Archived