Most scary film you ever seen?

Supporter+

What would be the most scary film you've seen?

I don't particularly like watching horror films but I remember watching a film called The Fog many years ago and it was pretty scary.

What about you?

I was a bit disappointed by The Fog to be honest. It was good fun, but time hasn't been kind to it.

I love classic horror films like Psycho and The Exorcist. I recall the latter being quite scary when I first saw it, it was the first horror film I saw. But I've seen it so often now I could almost take part in it.

The Shining and The Ring scared the bejesus out of me though. The former more because of the music and the general atmosphere it builds up than anything else, but I found the latter genuinely unsettling, even though the story is a bit trite.

I don't like Chinese/Japanese horror movies, they're very freaky and although quite good, actually it just makes very uneasy. I wouldn't know how to write the title of some of them, though I haven't watched any since my early 20's. If you want to watch a true horror film, I suggest looking them up because they're very well known for making grown men...... (you get the picture).

Hollywood doesn't have this effect, I find the majority amusing or funny.

I was watching Halloween on TV late one night in the 80's(granny had gone to bed) and it got to the part where Jamie Lee Curtis is looking around  the house for an intruder.She is walking along a corridor and I was anticipating someone jumping out of one of the cupboards.The suspense was building when our phone suudenly rang.That really made me jump.It was about one in the morning and my dad informing me that I had become an uncle.He thought making me jump was hilarious.

The Evil Dead. Watched it o n a pirate video back in the day and it scared me sh**less. I was only 10 and didn't watch to the end. Finally watched it through about 15 yrs later.

Not a horror film fan at all although watched the first few Saw films (do they count?) they were good.

Regards Al

You Pies!

I went to see The Exorcist at a cinema in Alfreton not long after it came out.There was a lot of media hype at the time  about people fainting or being seriously upset.When I arrived at the cinema there were 2 St John Ambulance men on duty outside and a large poster in the foyer warning people about the consequences of watching the film.Anyway to be quite honest I found the beginning of the film a bit slow and boring and was having trouble staying awake when suddenly a female started screaming loudly and ran out.I think that startled everyone present.It certainly woke me up.

Reflecting back I'm not sure, but for in the moment the Blair Witch Project was immense. Similar to @super_ram with the ambulances parked outside ready. Soooooo many people threw up  in the cinema it was unreal.

Another one for a reaction rather than scary would be the 'Passion of Christ' the Mel Gibson directed one. Wow. Impact or what. You either came away shaking or crying. Took every person there at least 30 minutes after it had screened to move from the cinema as people were so upset and besides themselves.

I would have to say The Shining

I don't like that film either. I watched it once at a friends sleepover as a teenager and i don't ever want to see it again.

I also don't like another film with a creature/person in a box and that takes over other peoples bodies, but i don't know what its called. notts-joe will probably know.

I'm a bit of a horror freak I love my horror films from Elm Street (original) Halloweens through to Saw's. I've watched some good horrors I've watched some rubbish horrors.

Non have ever really freaked me out but I just couldn't quite watch any of the Hostel films.

I know a good one, a really terrifying ride into oblivion with extreme horror and violence. By the end you'll be a quivering wreck behind the sofa.

Notts County FC Season Highlights 2014-15.

I clicked like, but just for the judge, juror and executioner out there, I meant I liked the comment not the highlights :lol:  :lol:  Wow that would a highlight reel with some serious downs and a few bemused comments looking back!

Archived